Green Alligators and Long Necked geese...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
I think of that song every time I look into one of my small tanks--See, some algea has started growing,and my hundreds of little daphnia have turned green! Yep, the wonders of opaque/translucent animals- you can see their food after they have eaten it!

I never thought I could spend my days like this. I get some stuff done, watch a few daphnia and snails, Work on advocacy issues, study/research whatever topic may pop up-- talk to the bunnies-- there are times my life has gotten stress free-- it feels good!Now, ihave to get more of that! :D

Anntann":33lk0776 said:
Sounds like a lovely way to spend a day :) but...WHAT is a daphnia? and why do you have them? I figure they're some sort of aquatic animal, but...

http://www.mblaquaculture.com/content/o ... phnids.php

My Daphnia were probably dried as eggs on the stone I have in the tanks-- after the eggs were under water long enough, and the temps corrected- as in a seasonal cycle, they hatched. They are what is known as an 'indicator species.' You can't have daphnia if the water is not clean and safe!
They are so cute! I stick my nose right up to the tank, pull down my glasses, and I can see the fuzzy whirl of the propellers!!! I have been on the phone since 9:30 this morning-- that can get so tiring!!! off to go squint at snails and daphnia!!!

Back