Penthouse addition

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was garbaging and I ran across a cabinet set that was being torn out of a house and trashed. I picked up the slim cabinet since I wanted some place for the bunny to go to get out of our brutal nasty winters we have most years.

I've made a sketch of what I want to do -- add a litter pan at the bottom of the cabinet, replace the cabinet door for front loading access (with a lock), screw a shelf back in for exercise/entrance/exit hole, cut said hole in side of cabinet, make attachment to main hutch. I am not certain whether I should just leave it flat topped or try to get some angle on it and attach some shingling. I figured the drawer area I'd just staple wire to for air movement. This way bunny can snuggle down in the lower cabinet area away from drifting, nasty, blowing snow.

Thoughts? Improvements?

Attachments

• BunnyHaus Cabinetsm.jpg
    BunnyHaus Cabinetsm.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 1,672
  • BunnyHaus directions.jpg
    BunnyHaus directions.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,672
I think it's a good idea. A few thoughts:

is the back wood or pressboard? It's hard to tell from the picture, but if it's pressboard, I would change it out- maybe a piece of plywood.

I would cut down the top at an angle and shingle or find a scrap of metal for a roof. I wouldn't want to chance the weight of snow, or worry about melting snow leaking inside.

I LOVE seeing repurposing projects here- I feel like I fit in :)

EnglishSpot":2phfbrrw said:
Interior dimensions are 22 3/4 by 13 3/4. This would not house the bun in her entirety, this will be connected to the main hutch, which will still have the wood bunny house if she wants to sprawl.
Oh, I see now. I didn't look close enough at the picture.

Back