• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rabbit Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Thoughts on Selling My Silver Fox

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graceful Meadows

Reaction score
Hi! I own and raise solely silver fox rabbits. When I began raising them, I thought that it would be really easy to sell all showable rabbits and butcher the rest, but it seems as if rather few people in Iowa want silver fox. I have a website, go to several shows per year, and am fairly nice ( :twisted: ), but I am still having a rough time selling bunnies. Any thoughts on the subject (or people who want rabbits :D ) would be welcome.

Hello there,

Sorry you haven't had an easy time selling your SF. I sell basically no rabbits. In the area where I live, rabbits aren't really wanted for meat or show. SF in particular are a rare breed, they take some extra searching out. The best thing to do would be to keep going to shows, and join the SF facebook groups, where you have access to people who show and are looking for show stock. Sometimes you just have to get your face out there, because people tend to buy from the more well known breeders, with a reputation for winning lines. You gotta build your rep :) This could take 2-3 years to do.

Back