Wabbit whinnying

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craneman54

Reaction score
This afternoon I was letting my buck try to mate with one of my does. Again she would not co-operate. He mounts and tries his best but she still wont lift for him.
About 20 minutes of watching I decided to get my youngest doe and give her some attention by petting her,when all of a sudden I hear the buck whinnying like a horse while mounted on the doe. He never fell off but he sure seemed to enjoy himself.

She had stretched out for him but I couldn't tell if she was lifting. Is there a chance he succeeded in doing the deed??

There's always a chance he got the job done. The whinnying is a good sign - some bucks are quite vocal at climax. It would have been nice if he had fallen off, because that usually indicates a successful breeding, but some bucks don't and still sire litters. Mark your calendar, just in case, and give the doe a nest box on Day 28.

I am just now thinking that he may not have fallen off because he had death grip on the does haunches. :lol:

Calender is marked and I may put her back with him I just a few minutes to see if he can get her again. Maybe he will fall off this time. :mrgreen: <br /><br /> -- Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:00 pm -- <br /><br />
craneman54":jw1pnys4 said:
I am just now thinking that he may not have fallen off because he had death grip on the does haunches. :lol:

Calender is marked and I may put her back with him in just a few minutes to see if he can get her again. Maybe he will fall off this time. :mrgreen:

OK so I went back out there and put the doe in with the buck. He got her 2 more times. She seemed more willing this time. Didn't run around as much and laid down after his second attempt.

He still didn't fall of the first time he mounted tonight but he did rare back and made all kinds of grunts and squeals. After about 5 minutes he mounted again and this time he fell over.

Mission control I thing we have a landing. :lol: :lol:

My bucks never cleanly fall off. They end up hanging partially sideways or pull the doe over with them. Then they more slide off/away from the doe.

akane":3v7varkx said:
My bucks never cleanly fall off. They end up hanging partially sideways or pull the doe over with them. Then they more slide off/away from the doe.

Thats pretty much what mine did. He holds them so tight when he climaxes that the female is like a counter weight holding him up. He also makes the funniest noise' and each time it's a different sound. But I had never heard of a rabbit whinnying like a horse. :lol:

Latest posts

Back