Bad Habit's Litter Tracker[Now With Pictures](Updated 11/10)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I checked the kits last night, 4 had nice round drum bellies, but 3 hadn't gotten enough to eat. I removed the 4 into a diff nest box, to give the 3 a chance to catch up. Going to add the 4 back in this AM, provided the 3 have had a chance to nurse, then check again tonight.

the three had not nursed yet when I left in the morning. Going to check them shortly and then put the 4 back in either way, maybe flip the doe to get her to nurse the 3 first. I don't want the 4 missing too many meals!!

Thanks sky. I can use all well wishes and luck possible!!

I can't believe I still have 4 more litters to go... <br /><br /> __________ Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:49 pm __________ <br /><br /> And back to bad news...

Tofu aborted her litter. I still gave her a nest box, in case she didn't abort them all.

At this point, I'd be just as happy for the remaining 3 does to have missed as I would be to have them all kindle uneventfully.

Sorry to hear about Tofu.

*fingers crossed for the rest of the does and the kits already here*

*really wishes she was the Good Luck Fairy and could dispense good luck and happy endings as she wished*

Oh it seems like Alaska's rising to the challenge. All 7 babies were fat bellied last night, so I guess she just needed a bit more time for her milk to come in fully.

Looks like I have a black vienna orphan, a tort vienna orphan, then a solid tort, 2 broken blacks, a broken tort and a broken sable point from Alaska(though either of the broken blacks has the possibility of being a broken siamese sable).

Nothing from the other 2 girls yet. I'm not even sure if either of them took. Not too worried about the Elsa litter, if she took or not, but the other lionhead litter, I think the buck might have been too young. Which is fine, if she hasn't kindled by day 35, I will just breed her back to him.

Not even sure that Apple was bred - just noted her down as a safeguard in case she was caught while she was out roaming around for a week.

Now, just hoping that the does who are due Wednesday kindle without issue... I don't know that I could foster any more onto Alaska, lol.

Though some of the babies seemed to have gotten enough food for 3 or 4 kits last night.

I'm going to try and remember to take photos soon :)

Yay for Alaska! :mbounce: What a good girl, turning it up and producing enough to feed the extra ones as asked!! That's good news. You must have been so relieved when you saw all the popples were chubby. So sorry about the lost litter. Keeping my fingers crossed and waiting to hear what happens next... :popcorn:

10484566_856993321001534_6104196789522692302_o.jpg

1401319_856993401001526_2306331150282239812_o.jpg

A swing and a miss for both Meadow and Elsa - no nesting, and I don't feel anything inside. I went ahead and bred Elsa to Theon yesterday, and am waiting on breeding Meadow until my scheduled breedings with 2 of my other does later this month.

Apple seemed to be nesting last night, though, so maybe she does have a batch brewing in her. She was spending an awful lot of time on the pile of hay in front of Eddie's cage when she got loose... <br /><br /> __________ Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:48 pm __________ <br /><br /> Well, 6 breedings, and I've ended up with one dead doe, 2 orphan kits, one successful litter, one aborted litter and 3 misses. Not a very good track record!

Preparing a few does now for breedings next weekend - Cat, Meadow and Tamara will all be bred.

At least I have Alaska's litter and the orphans to raise!

10629432_860723243961875_5431609327907299511_o.jpg

10470804_860723267295206_1867786765289415621_o.jpg

Thanks. Sucked losing the doe, but all I can really do is accept it and move on. Especially now that the orphans are being cared for and have a good chance of survival, so hopefully one can take the doe's place. I had a really good run for quite some time, now it's my turn to have some of the inevitable issues.

It's super fortunate that Alaska poppled in time to save those orphaned kits. Even more remarkable that all the others missed and only she was ready with milk when you needed her most.
It's no wonder she's everyone's favorite. :D

Haha, Alaska spent about 4 months on "break" before this litter. She had a litter the beginning of June. I think I bred her back mid-July. And then early August when she palpated negative. And then early Sept when she failed to kindle. And then late Sept to a different buck because I needed back up for the BEW doe who had just come out of quarantine. I bred her to my proven buck, though, because I didn't want to take any risks with the backup(she was actually bred at one point as a backup for a friend's litter, and missed. I felt awful, even though she wasn't needed).

But, yes, Alaska is a superstar, and if she hadn't already been assured a life long home here, she would have earned it now!

Kits are still doing great! Eyes are opening and I've started putting some feed into the nest with them.

Latest posts

Back