Some questions....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Ears

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAH! I finally got the hang of palpating, but now I can't tell if I'm feeling droppings or fetus!!!!!!! :eek:verreaction:
I "Palpated" my buck, and couldn't feel his droppings, but he is a ND/Dutch cross; 2.8 pounds, so I can't really tell. (His droppings are about half the size of my doe's. (Mini rex/Dutch cross; 4.4 pounds) I just can't tell! :( (They are the only rabbits I have...will be hopefully getting a HL, doe in Jan...)

Oh, and is it a myth that rabbits can get pregnant twice? Like have two litters at once, or a few days later?

And (Sorry, I post way to much, I just have so many questions! :sorry: )
What are the best/healthy/nutritional fresh greens that NO ONE has had bad side effects with? :)

~Easy Ears~

I've struggled with palpating as well but finally got the hang of it . Once you feel an embryo , You'll know it immediately as opposed to droppings.

Pleas take no offense, a lot of the questions that you are asking have been thoroughly explored in the forum. If you go to the proper area and use the search bar you can get info fast. That way you won't be waiting for answers. :D .I was pretty lost when I first started out too..this site is awesome. Almost everything has been or will be addressed.
You can find your feeding answer in care and nutrition also natural feeding.
The dual pregnancy myth is addressed in care and kindling.

Does anyone think it would be harmful to rebreed three weeks after you breed a doe, cause your not sure if you palpated right?
The dual pregnancy myth is addressed in care and kindling.
Read all I could about it. No one gave a definite answer whether it is true or not.....?

Couldn't find the best green.... :(

What do you mean by no side effects? Any food can cause problems and green foods are even more likely to cause problems. They need added to the diet properly to avoid digestive issues. The odd rabbit allergic to some type of plant matter does exist too but there aren't exactly side effects. Some foods can promote things like milk production or decrease milk production if fed in high enough amounts. Willow and some other trees can contain the original compound for making human aspirin. You have to take note of these things when feeding large amounts of something to various rabbits. There are discussions about such things in the natural feeding stickies and threads.

Double pregnancy shouldn't be able to happen but is still debated. Science and experiences mostly show that all incidences of supposed double pregnancy are just pregnancy issues with part of the litter. A portion of the litter doesn't develop so the kits are in different stages when born despite all being created at the same time or the labor drags out/gets delayed for a couple days making it look like 2 events instead of 1 long one.

Droppings are tiny and hard. Embryos are large (roughly grape-sized) and somewhat soft.

I consider plantain weed to be the safest green to feed to my rabbits. They get a lot of it during the summer. But nobody can say that there are NO side effects associated with a type of green.

Back