Midwest bun fest

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hattie

Reaction score
Not sure I'd this is the right place bur is anyone going to bun fest in columbus ohio November 8th 2014? Just read about it and want to go. Anyone been to one of these?http://www.midwestbunfest.org/information.html

Hey there, Hattie! The vast majority of the contributors to this site go out of their way to be helpful and post positive comments. The fact that your inquiry didn't get a lot of response might serve as a clue.

From the House Rabbit Society web site: The House Rabbit Society does not promote or encourage breeding rabbits. We are a rescue organization and our purpose is to save rabbits’ lives.

Hope that info helps.

Probably the vast majority of people that will attend that event see rabbits as pets only, not a multi-purpose animal that can be raised for fiber, meat and pelts, or show animals.

Many of these same people would consider that the way I and many others on this site raise rabbits (on wire floors and with little or no time out of their cages to exercise, and terminally culling ill animals instead of paying for veterinary care for incurable diseases such as Pasteurella) to be cruel and inhumane and would like nothing better than to "rescue" every single one of them.

I am sure that there are many well intentioned rabbit owners there, but their viewpoints are such a polar opposite to my beliefs that I would not attend such an event.

If you do attend, please share your experience! But do be careful about being forthcoming about breeding (or God forbid eating!) rabbits. ;)

Thank you. Yes I'm on their fb page I don't agree with most of what they stand for but some of them give good advice. I will most definitely let you know how it was if we go. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back