Finally finish getting our new 4-H chartered!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmfarm

Reaction score
It has taken about 6 weeks for this whole process but I got an email today that 4-H club I started was finally chartered. I as so happy that we can finally be official. Now if I can just get the people that showed interest to show up at the meetings. ;)

So happy for you! :) 4-H and FFA are going to be more than necessary in the near future. Teaching people where their food comes from and how to get it to the table is admirable. My hat is off to you! :clap2:

Well Thank you! I was in both 4-H and FFA when I was in school and really loved them. Raised animals as well as did several speaking events even though I was terrified to speak in public. It really helped me get through it and I learned a lot along the way and had lots of fun. I really wanted my kids to be a part of it.

cmfarm":1ilqoqg2 said:
It has taken about 6 weeks for this whole process but I got an email today that 4-H club I started was finally chartered. I as so happy that we can finally be official. Now if I can just get the people that showed interest to show up at the meetings. ;)
Good for you CM. I agree with Katiebear, It's important to teach the younger generation where their food comes from and what is involved in getting it to the table.

Getting those interested to the meetings should be fairly easy. In the first invite put a note in saying "homemade bunny treats for those that attend". Save the crumbles from your feed bags add oatmeal a couple bananas a touch of water and bake some treats to give out. (you're really just drying the rolled out, cut up mixture). Make it one of your 4-H projects to get everyone involved then have teams start bringing treats for the next meeting etc. There are hundreds of ways to make them.

Good luck.

Homer":1qe04vm2 said:
cmfarm":1qe04vm2 said:
Good for you CM. I agree with Katiebear, It's important to teach the younger generation where their food comes from and what is involved in getting it to the table.

Getting those interested to the meetings should be fairly easy. In the first invite put a note in saying "homemade bunny treats for those that attend". Save the crumbles from your feed bags add oatmeal a couple bananas a touch of water and bake some treats to give out. (you're really just drying the rolled out, cut up mixture). Make it one of your 4-H projects to get everyone involved then have teams start bringing treats for the next meeting etc. There are hundreds of ways to make them.

Good luck.

I think we are the only 4-H family that raises rabbits right now. None of the kids have ever been in 4-H before (except my oldest daughter, we were going to the next town over before) so many aren't doing animal projects this year.

Congrats! I was in horse 4h when I was a kid and absolutely loved it. It definitely gets you good life skills with the public presentations and animal care and such. Hope your kids enjoy! :)

Back