TERRORIST ATTACK IN OTTAWA..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sad. I said a prayer for the soldier who died.

"We knew this day was coming, didn't we?" If it's possible, this headline on the site made me even sadder.

Y'all will be in my thoughts.

It is a sign of the time we now live in, we [in the US , Canada,and many other countries,] have been spared from the repercussions of a war on our soil for a long time, -- looks like that time is coming to an end. -- bummer...
I for one ,am grateful for the long time of peace we have enjoyed, and to the soldiers who have maintained it. God bless them all-

It is sad - and shocking - but no country is exempt from this kind of terrorism. It's easy to become complacent and think it won't happen here.

History Lesson - You don't have to read it! ;)
This is not the first time we've had terrorism in Canada. Those who are old enough will remember the Molotov cocktails thrown at Pierre Trudeau and other dignitaries at the St. Jean Baptiste parade on the eve of the 1968 federal election. (Trudeau didn't run and barricade himself in a room.)

And then October Crisis of 1970 with the abduction by the FLQ of James Cross, the British Trade Commissioner, and then the abduction and murder of Pierre LaPorte, Quebec Minister of Labour. (James Cross survived and was eventually freed two month later.)

Shocking times. Prime Minister Trudeau invoked the controversial War Measures Act and over 30 alleged terrorists were arrested. Those of us who were around then will not forget the horror and trauma of those two months.

What happened in Ottawa yesterday was a sad and tragic, and we all feel regret and sorrow at the loss of the young soldier this terrorist killed. Apparently the attack was the work of one man, now dead himself. Let's just hope it ends there.

I'm sure there will be other incidents of this type from time to time, SuburbanHomesteader. What I meant is that it appears this particular incident was not part of a larger terrorist plot. I could be wrong, of course - wouldn't be the first time.

Let us hope that THIS incident is over. More will likely come but for now let this soldier rest in peace and let others heal and deal with their grief as they should.

I had seen this, too. My thoughts and prayers are with you all up there.

Like SuburbanHomesteader, I believe it's only the beginning.

MaggieJ":32x26eqn said:
What I meant is that it appears this particular incident was not part of a larger terrorist plot.

Sorry, my mistake. I misunderstood. Yes, it's looking like this latest attack is the act of just that one guy.

I, too, expect there will be more of these "lone wolf" attacks. Don't know that there's any way to prevent them.

Such is the world we've come to live in.

Back