I did not pose this photo.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic Joe! :lol: Get lots of pictures while you can. :camera: :video: :camera3:You'll see a lot of that for about another week, then they'll be to big to fit in a bowl.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :runaround: :cute:
WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY TOOOO CUTE!!!!! I THINK I"M GONNA EXPLODE!!! :explode:

I guess I'll have to carry the camera every time I go to the hutch. When I checked after lunch the lone white one was sitting in the food bowl and it pretty much filled the bowl, it's noticeably larger then most of the others. When I got back with the camera it was out of the bowl and hiding behind the nest box. Momma was concerned for it and tried to block me from picking it up, good momma I'd say.

Joe,
That's awesome!
What breed is that? They're gorgeous! <br /><br /> __________ Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:10 pm __________ <br /><br /> Joe,
That's awesome!
What breed is that? They're gorgeous!

azbowhunter":jr3uisq5 said:
Joe,
That's awesome!

__________ Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:10 pm __________

Joe,
That's awesome!
That's a good question! Momma is "part Flemish Giant" but I don't know how much nor what the other parts might be. She was given to me and I believe one should never look a gift bunny in the pedigree. Nor do I know which of my two bucks is poppa to the popples. I had tried to breed her first to one buck, which I thought was unsuccessful, so I then tried the other, which I thought also failed. The first buck is from the same source as the doe and looks like he could be her brother. The other buck is my Red New Zealand. Except for the big white one all of the babies look like mom. I am pretty sure they are 100% rabbit, otherwise I offer no guaranties. :lol:

coyotejoe":1v1swwdz said:
I guess I'll have to carry the camera every time I go to the hutch. ...
My camera stays in the shop, (where the rabbits are), so I always have it. I only take the card in the house to download it. ;)
coyotejoe":1v1swwdz said:
... I am pretty sure they are 100% rabbit, otherwise I offer no guaranties. :lol:
They are the splitting image of the Sandy colored Doe's litter I use to have. She was a BIG girl at just over 22 pounds. :p Do you know what Cut Ear weighs? How long is she? Her head and body, ear shape look pretty good for not being a pure bred Flemish.

If you are selling any of the kits down the line, you know you've got your ad photo right there :)

Adorable!

It's day 14 for the babies and they all have eyes open. Some are hopping out of the nest and back in again and these two couldn't wait for lunch. :lol:

__________ Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:13 pm __________

Homer":2nao6qwx said:
coyotejoe":2nao6qwx said:
I guess I'll have to carry the camera every time I go to the hutch. ...
My camera stays in the shop, (where the rabbits are), so I always have it. I only take the card in the house to download it. ;)
coyotejoe":2nao6qwx said:
... I am pretty sure they are 100% rabbit, otherwise I offer no guaranties. :lol:
They are the splitting image of the Sandy colored Doe's litter I use to have. She was a BIG girl at just over 22 pounds. :p Do you know what Cut Ear weighs? How long is she? Her head and body, ear shape look pretty good for not being a pure bred Flemish.
I doubt she would go 20 pounds, 15 maybe. I'd like to weigh her just to satisfy my curiosity but she is being such a model mom that I don't want to pull her out of the cage or do anything to upset her. I may weigh the buck who looks to be about the same size. <br /><br /> __________ Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:52 pm __________ <br /><br /> Well I did weigh the buck and to my surprise he only went 9 5/8#. Cut Ear is probably a little heavier but still not more than 11 pounds I'm guessing.

Attachments

• dozen bunnies day 14-2.jpg
    dozen bunnies day 14-2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 274
coyotejoe":126f4akz said:
...Well I did weigh the buck and to my surprise he only went 9 5/8#. Cut Ear is probably a little heavier but still not more than 11 pounds I'm guessing.
She might surprise you. The Bucks I had were always a lot lighter than the Does. To look at them they looked about the same size but the scales tell a different story. The Does had anywhere from 4 to 6+ pounds on the boys.

I built a new cage today and moved momma and kits into slightly better quarters. The kits now hop freely out of and back into their nest. They still spend most of the day sleeping in the nest but they get out whenever they like. This is day 16.

Attachments

• new cage2.jpg
    new cage2.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 235

Latest posts

Back