Guess who had popples

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut Ear is one hungry mouth indeed! She goes through food and water at an amazing rate. Of course she is a big girl and eating for a dozen. The popples are starting to pop out of the nest box. This morning there were two I had to put back in and they actually were not real easy to catch, surprisingly active little things, still less than two weeks old.

I have a Flemish doe and four Flemish mixes. The will be ravenous while milking. :shock: as soon as you ween they go back to normal, give lots of extra hay and water. Mine turn into regular milk trucks :lol: but I have never had a skinny baby, and they will grow really fast too. Large litters is normal so be prepared. They will go after mom's food soon too.
Some say that the meat to bone rate is low but I have been very pleased with the growth and the dress out. My last litter reached five pounds live weight by 7 to 8 weeks. :D They were 3/4 Flemish. Good luck and happy eating! :fryegg: :dinner:

Back