My Friends are Gone :(

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DumansArk

Reaction score
As some of you might remember, I lost my Milo last year. Last month, and yesterday, I lost his sons.

zepol_milo_sept_2009.jpg

Milo & Zepol

decker_62313.jpg

Decker

zepol_april_2013.jpg

Zepol

The boys had health problems troubling them, it was hard to see them hurting. I kept hoping they'd get better. The Vet had assured me there was a chance for improvement. Decker did feel better for a time. Zepol seemed to have more pep. But recovery wasn't meant to be.

Now I have no dogs in my lap, no dogs at my feet and it is so quiet with them all gone :cry:

I am missing them terribly.

Oh, Duman! I am so sorry! :cry:

There is something just so special about JRT's... they are such gentlemanly little aristocrats, but at the same time have a wonderful sense of humor.

I know that your boys had a spectacular life with you, but that doesn't make the loss any easier to bear. Still, I hope that you will find comfort in memories of the good times you had together.

I hope that a new dog (or two!) will find its way into your home soon. The distraction of a new friend will help you emotionally, and I always think that "good" pet owners should bring a new animal into their home as soon as possible so that yet another critter can enjoy the "good life" with them... because, like pets, good owners don't live long enough.

Until then, I will think of Milo and his sons frolicking in the Great Beyond with my friend Chase.

Big hugs to you, Duman. I still miss Chase exquisitely and know that it will take a long time for you to heal, even with other dogs in your life.

*hugs*

As a dog person myself who has been through similar loss, I realize there are no words that can take away the grief of losing a beloved pet. I remember you writing about the loss of Milo, and at the time, I was glad you had his sons to comfort you.

I don't know if it will help you, but sometimes when I think of lost loved furry friends, I can get a small degree of solace in imagining them all romping on the other side of the bridge- your Milo and his sons, Chase, Marilla, my Buster, and too many others. I know I will see them again, as I believe heaven would be mis-named without their presence.

*hugs*

So very sorry, Duman. :cry: So many losses in such a short time must be devastating. I wish I had words to comfort you. We lost our wonderful cat, Marilla, last spring, so I do know the pain you are feeling. I take some comfort in knowing that she had a very happy life and in the many memories of her that are always with me. (Thank you, Marinea, for remembering Marilla.)

The empty lap and the silence are hard to take. You cannot replace one furry friend with another, but you can, in time, make room in your heart and home (and lap) for another one. We took the plunge just over a week ago and adopted a little black cat named Jenny. She is asleep in my lap as I type. She is very sweet and in some way she helps me keep my memories of Marilla alive. You'll know when you are ready. (((HUGS)))

I feel that I cannot truly empathize yet, because all of my aged companions are still here with me.

But...I do fear that the time where I will be in a similar place will be here all too soon.

I see that my old dog's arthritis is advancing more quickly this year. My middle aged cat has been struggling with urinary problems for a few years now.
On cool fall mornings like this, I usually awaken with both of them cuddled in bed beside me, or in between me and my husband when it's really cold.

I know that someday I'll have to wake up without one, and eventually both of them. But, knowing that they won't be here forever and actually losing one are not the same things.

All I can really say, is that I'm deeply sorry for your loss, and if there is anything I might be able to do to help...just let me know.

I can't even explain how much your kind words and shared stories have affected me. Thanks all. Really, really, thank you.

"...gentlemanly little aristocrats, but at the same time have a wonderful sense of humor." <----- This. This was my Zepol to a T.

To Maggie over the loss of the pretty Marilla, and Marinea's loss of Buster, and MSD with your sweet Chase. So sorry too. And to Zass looking down the road. Sigh. I sure wish their time matched ours, that we could keep them with us until it our day to go the way of all living. To Marinea regarding their presence in Heaven - that is something I have thought of very, very much.

i"m sorry for your loss. My Mom lost her beloved beagle Cori last summer when she got hit by a car and my brother lost his golden lab Jesse a couple of months ago to an apparent heart attack. They were family members and were grieved by the family. My condolences to you.

So sorry for the loss of your beloved pets. They where sure cute and looked like they had great lives with you.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what it feels like to lose a companion, and the heartache never truly leaves you.

I remember reading this story told by a vet (or vet tech) who did a house call for a family. They had a young boy, probably around 7 or 8. They had to put their dog down, and when the dog was gone the vet noticed the boy wasn't crying. He asked him why. The boy replied, "Humans are put on earth to learn to love, right? Well, dogs already know how to love, so they don't need to stay as long."

I find that to be very true, and it has helped me get past the passing of many of my animals.

*hugs*

Latest posts

Back