Meat Rabbits and Worms

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicrose8

Reaction score
I am setting up a rabbit colony in addition to my caged rabbits and wasn't sure what people do about worms. The area I plan to use is heavily shaded so grass really only grows in 1 corner and chickens have been there in the past (grazed there lightly in the spring as chicks).

Do people use dewormer only if they plan on using organ meats? My dog eats raw, should I use it on all meat I plan on feeding him? Should I give it prophylactically on all rabbits all the time or right before processing or not at all?

Thanks!

I would use some type of wormer if you or your dogs eat the meat or organs- or freeze the rabbit for at least a month. Freezing for a month kills the parasites, and that's how I deal with game meat.
There are natural wormers for rabbits; try searching it in the form- that's how I found out about wormer alternatives. I use pumpkin seeds. I just feed them pumpkin seeds every month or so. I think another idea would be DE, but I've used it as a wormer.

Good luck with your colony! Your set up sounds a lot like mine... colony in the shade, and mainly raised to feed dogs. :)

There are regular wormers for rabbits; take a stab at looking it in the structure that is the manner by which I got some answers concerning wormer plan B. I utilize pumpkin seeds. I simply sustain them pumpkin seeds consistently or something like that. I think an alternate thought would be DE, yet I've utilized it as a wormer.

Back