Worms?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Ears

Reaction score
Hi there!
I feel like the enemy is hitting my beloved rabbits, so I just ask you to break off any attack that the enemy is putting against my babies!!!
I found some worms on my two rabbits yesterday. I have a vet appointment tomorrow. I checked this morning, and no worms I could see, PRAISE GOD!

I love them DEARLY, and I just ask for your prayer! Just DECLARE AND DECREE THAT THEY WILL HAVE COMPLETE HEALTH, RESTORATION, HEALING, AND PROTECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any info or comments? They are like a half inch, and skinny and white, and there was one in each of they're poo holes, and some around their tails.

If it's worms Safe-Guard for Goats, (Fenbendazole) will take care of it. .08cc per pound of rabbit. Squirt it in their mouth once a day for five days.

Are there ANY open sores on the rabbits body?

I said a prayer for your rabbits. :)

As long as you catch the problem and treat it, no real harm should come to the bunnies.

You can take them to the vet, or you can treat them yourself (many members here treat their own rabbits, because vets are so expensive, and because many vets are not familiar enough with rabbit treatment protocol).

Homer suggested Safe-Guard, and there's also Ivermectin (horse paste). Any good feed store or Tractor Supply should have both, and they're each under $20 for more than you will ever use. You can also use pumpkin seeds, but I'm not sure of the amount.

I think you said elsewhere that your rabbits are Dutch? You would not use Ivermectin on Dutch rabbits. So it would be Safe-Guard for you.

Hey guys! Thanks! I ended up taking them to the vet.
No open sores.
Turns out, after I got the de-wormer, I did some research, and they were pinworms.
But it was good I took them to the vet, because my male had an ear problem.

Thanks for the prayers!!!!

Kara

You're welcome, and I'm glad to hear it should be an easy treatment. :)

If the ear problem was ear mites, the de-wormer may kill them, too. Or you can spray or dribble any vegetable oil or mineral oil in his ears.

Make sure the de-wormer is not Ivermectin. The Vienna gene, from what I've read, frequently interacts badly with Ivermectin. This gene is what gives Dutch their markings. It goes the same for dogs -- dogs like Collies are susceptible to bad reactions to Ivermectin, because of this gene.

Latest posts

Back