POLL: How Much Would You Pay??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How Much Would You Pay???

• $20/hr

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • $50/hr

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • $75/hr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100+/hr

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bandits Bunny Farm

Reaction score
So, I'm wanting to start using a couple of my rabbits as a "Therapy Bunny" type thing, for schools, preschools, daycares, special needs programs, and convalescent facilities, for a price.

I was wondering, how much would YOU pay per hour?

From what I found with my daughter in law training her dog to work with our grandson, her nephew. You pay to have the animal trained and then you volunteer their services. If you can get paid that's great,But you should probably check with hospitals and the like...

:yeahthat: around here there is a waiting list to become a volunteer :D

So many people want to share their animals with others that it can take months or years before there is a vacancy in a program

To be honest, I would not pay. There are a lot of volunteer groups around.

In this economy, where a lot of institutions are scaling back (our only county hospital completely shut down recently), I can't see spending money for this service.

:yeahthat: Therapy animals are generally for the benefit of both the people and the animals - not for profit.

I do that for free with my farm babies and exotics and is display ONLY - no contact allowed

There no certification or insurance needed but once you charge for it like a business you need liability insurance

We were thinking of doing such things with a very well behaved rabbit and it didn't even cross my mind to get paid. Everyone does it free and there is no shortage of volunteers so I doubt any one is going to pay you anything whether it's a full therapy animal or rabbit showing demo.

I have never heard of someone paying to have a therapy animal come in. I have trained my own dogs and did it as a volunteer thing. So for your poll I would say $0. But that's just me.

What if you did an expo for volunteers about how to start bunny therapy. Or the benefit of bunny therapy. You could offer it for free and invite the various homes and centers over and then you could provide them with discounts on purchasing their own bunny, perhaps offer cages, fodder, etc. Maybe that'd be a way around the fact there's a lot of folks doing it already?

I know I'm late in chiming in. I just came across this post. I have to agree with the others above. You are not likely to get paid to do it. There are lots of not for profit groups that provide training and some level of certification for you to be a handler of a therapy animal under their group. You don't get paid to do it. It's looked at as more of an honor to get to provide the blessing to others. I personally am considering going through a group and getting approved to volunteer as a therapy handler with one of our rabbits when he is old enough. If he stays as sweet and calm as he is now he'd be ideal for such a thing.

However, if you are instead looking at it as an educational thing where you show the animals and teach about them there could possibly be some preschools or groups that might pay a small fee.

Latest posts

Back