mmm grapevine

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
It seems like a good early green to feed

They will be getting lots of it. I have a ton of neglected grapevine to prune. Most is supposed to be done while it's dormant but I started pulling canes off the trellis today to identify what I want to keep. You can't see what's producing grapes in the middle of winter.

Oh! they are so little!

Careful with the grape leaves, unless it's another one of those unlikely foods that cause soft stools in my rabbits and not other people's.
I think I must have had some lines that had only pellets for many generations.

The kits are just mouthing and getting little pieces. The adults should be able to adjust to it. The rabbits are getting a lot of fresh food and alfalfa hay now. We got a ton of vegetables we don't use from the stuff already planted when we moved in. Then there is mint everywhere along with its relatives that I've been tossing sprigs here and there. Not too much mint to nursing does. The yard aside from the garden is probably 25% grass, 25% inedible plants, and 50% useful forage. Gotta sort all the trees and bushes and decide what stays. Found 2 dwarf apple trees and 2 refusing to die mulberries but my husband wants to cram in a sweet cherry tree. I'm not sure what the giant tree with no low branches is. I won't cut down something that old until it's ready to die anyways.

The buns are gorgeous! I can totally get why you want to keep them.

Before we got rid of our grapes, ours liked the leaves and vines, but only early in the season. They ignored them late in the year. They never caused our buns any issues.

You are lucky you've got tree decisions to make. When we moved here, our biggest decision was whether any of the multitude of car parts (transmissions, axles, etc.) were worth keeping or junking.

Chin kits would have long escaped that cage. Chins are actually quite lean and agile beneath their round looking fluff. They'd be half the width of the rabbit kits and twice as good at climbing. We learned first hand that it's frustrating as hell trying to chin proof a cage that doesn't come with kits in mind. Rabbits are so easy. :p: <br /><br /> __________ Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:42 pm __________ <br /><br /> Leftover cilantro day

Back