She's here again :D Missed me?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zab

Reaction score
What's with this jumping in and out from the forum? I'm bad, I know.. I understand if you tire of me.

BUT I'm back anyways! Mohahaha! *evil chuckle*

I have pet rabbits, indoors.. I like rabbits for pets. They're definetly my type of animals.. I got Silverpil, to use as a new breeding buc, and decided to let him be an indoor bunny. But to keep him company I brought Rufs in, with plans to de-sex him.. however. Rufs quickly stole a spot in my heart and now I'm concidering to move Silver out before it gets too cold, and bring another youngling indoors for Rufs.. Im afraid I'll get problems with spraying and stuff in the cold of witer, since I can't really de-sex my breeding buck.. And I do have some cute vienna marked, fluffy blue/purple eyed bucklings outside that could be altered. I've had intact/altered males together before, only issue was the spraying. So I have good faith in two altered bucks getting along fine if they grow up together.

Or.. I'll let Silver get one date with a doe and then get the date with a vet... that's an option...

Decisions, decisions... And pictures of my infdoor pen:
skarmavbild-2014-09-14-kl-150829.png

Rufs:
skarmavbild-2014-09-13-kl-212006.png

skarmavbild-2014-09-13-kl-211818.png

Silverpil:
skarmavbild-2014-09-13-kl-110852.png

A few things has changed. I've given up on trying to eat my rabbits. I just can't... everything else works, but I still can't with the taste. However.. since everything else works, my dogs and cats are ging to get nice, "organic" meat, only supplemented by kibble (because one type of meat only isn't enough). So I'll still be keeping and breeding rabbits outdoors. Because I like that part too, and dog-food meat are probably even worse raised than human meat.. at least if you chose were to buy it..

Anyhow.. I'm happy for my rabbit pet.:p

Hey, Zab!

:hi: back! :p

Rufs is absolutely adorable! Silverpil is a handsome guy too.

House bunnies now, eh? You make me laugh how you are constantly evolving with your rabbits and trying new things. :)

ZAB!!! :p I've been wondering how you've been!

So you've got two house bunnies and lots of options now! :lol: We have two house bunnies, too... both intact males, but one is our wry-neck buck and the other is a little harli lionhead that hasn't explored enough of the house to find where we moved the other buck to. They were not getting along. We were hoping the lionhead would realize the other bun is handicapped, and ignore him. Nope.

You're not the only member who has decided to raise meat rabbits, and then just ended up not liking rabbit meat. Not common, but it happens. :) And we have other members who raise only for their animals, too. :D

*hugs*

HI ZAB!!

Your buns are, as always, gorgeous. Glad to hear things are going well with you- you have been missed.

Naw, I've been missed! :D

Sorry, I can't promise not to run away again though.. it's just that there's ages bewtween me having anything to say. And facebook stole a lot of time..I'm taking a break from fb though.
Just dropping by quickly now before going to bed..having a headache and need sleep anyhow. :)

But I'm excited over my new pets..rabbits are my type of pets, really. I'm not going to get another cat, probably not another dog either.. but rabbit? Yeah, I can imagine a future life with free roaming house bunnies :p They're simply the perfect combination of independent yet train-able critters. I never had Zplit (my fist rabbit) indoors due to allergies, but these seem to work okay. :) Perhaps I'll even start some leash training and jumping again, just for fun. Rufs sure seem curious and brave enough for that.

I hope they get along when neutered/spayed (I never learn which is buck and wich is doe).. but I'll find out. They love each other for now, at least ;)

Well..sleep.. goodnight and hugs back to y'all :)

Zab":ym3bfbia said:
neutered/spayed (I never learn which is buck and wich is doe).. but I'll find out.

Allow me to enlighten you! :p

Technically, "neutered" applies to both males and females. Whether born that way, or surgically altered, a "neuter" is a being that cannot reproduce. A worker bee is an example of a "neuter".

Most people use "neutered" to apply to male animals, and "spayed" to apply to females. Males are actually castrated and females undergo an ovario-hysterectomy.

Sleep on that! :mrgreen:

Sweet dreams, lol! :zzz:

Ah, I'll go with nutered then :p

In swedish, both bucks and does are typically ''castrated'' (kastrerade) but people tend to say ''steriliserad'' about does. The differense is however not by doe/buck, but that kastrera means to remove testicls/ovaries and stuff, while sterilisera means to just cut the connection between them, so the animal can't reproduce. Since kastration hs the benefits we usually wants (temper, spraying etc + no babies), that's the standard procedure. Buteople still think it's kastrated for boys and sterilisated for girls :p (see how I create swenglish language here?)

funny fact... goodnight :)

__________ Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:19 am __________

To avoid disappearing for too long again, I'm posting new pics of my bunny cage! :D

I spilled some water when I set the cage up, figured it would dry but some went under the blue cage-bottom and started to mold.. :O YUCK! Not good for me and not good for bunnys!
So I went and purchased 26 doormats/carpets/whatever the term is from IKEA. IKEA is bunny lovers heaven. I also bought the ''paper castle'' there for ike 15 skr, which is nothing. Some assembling required though :p Not with the carpets, they came flat and ready.

Anyhow.. I built a frame and hayfeeder for the litterbox (and yes,, hayfeeder is from IKEA too), built a bridge-thingy, bought a litterpan (guess where..) which I have the food bowl in and can move with the rabbits easily if they get to run in another room.

Now I just need to make the little mischiefs housetrained again.. they were very good untill they got new carpets. Now the miss the litterbox! Not with urine, thank goodness.. not that I've seen or smelled at least. But there's as many bunny berriers around the box as inside it.

Wellwell.
skarmavbild-2014-09-22-kl-213217.png

skarmavbild-2014-09-22-kl-210610.png

__________ Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:21 am __________
Double post <br /><br /> __________ Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:31 pm __________ <br /><br /> I'm just going to keep post in this thread :p Mohahaha!

I figured some of you might appreciate this completely innocent bunny who agreed to stand model for me so I could use my new watercolours, in return for me helping him hide the bo... boots. The boots, yes! From his girlfriend.

10645026_742324675802577_3892647892253595737_n.jpg

Thank you :)

Haha, yeah.. with that smile, he'd lure me into any dark alley even though I did notice the sword-thingy he tried to hide.. creepy :p

A sneak-peak at my next picture. I plan to practice backgrounds more (maybe a snowy forest? With wolves?) but the lines of the main motive is made, anyhow. I'll probably have to outline parts in the foreground as well, to make it all blend. I'm concidering to try the salt-method to make snow splash around from his running feet.. We'll see :)
Drawn with waterproof ink. Sort of messed up his eye-brow.. might use some white ink to cover that up.

859402_742405449127833_480141847368063261_o.jpg

Nice! His face looks happy though not afraid like he is running from someone. Maybe the story is that he is chasing the wolves? Fun twist :popcorn: keep us posted.

Hehe, that's happy to you? hmm..
Yeah, that could be a fun twist :)

Thank you :)

The background to that running bunny doesn't get any good..*sigh*

Back