Palomino Genetics

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've spent some time reading thru various Rabbit Genetic groups trying to figure out What the Palomino rabbit genetic code might be. The link Akane posted in reply to the question about ermines was extremely helpful !! But... reading that huge chart... my mind went absolutely blank as to what the Gold and Lynx colors are actually called genetically. Help ! I'm getting more confuzzeled ! :?

Devon's Mom Lauren":ybkv1enb said:
Lynx is a dilute chocolate agouti, the equivalent of opal in the black. The gold is a chocolate based fawn/red (non extension agouti) .

Many Thanks. That was the wording i was looking for. Guess Pals are not discussed that much on the genetic groups.

Now.... Having spent some time on the links that have been posted here on Rabbit Talk... i'm still Not finding the 'letter codes' for those colors. Meaning... i haven't found on the charts..'dilute chocolate agouti', or the other color. There is wording close to what i think i want... but...not quite.....

More help...please ... :help:

A_ bb C_dd E_ This is the genotype for Lynx or lilac agouti. The empty spaces are unknown and could have either dominant or recessives there. The fawn would have 2 small e"s at the end instead of capitol E.

Devon's Mom Lauren":3m50ngf4 said:
A_ bb C_dd E_ This is the genotype for Lynx or lilac agouti. The empty spaces are unknown and could have either dominant or recessives there. The fawn would have 2 small e"s at the end instead of capitol E.

Many Thanks. Now i shall go and play on the genetic chart links !! weeeeeeeeeeee !!

Back