New to Raising Mini Rex

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalmation1080

Reaction score
I am new to raising mini rex and I am a little confused about what to look for in good quality mini rex, and the terms people use when talking about a rabbit. Does anyone have any good information, videos, diagrams or websites they can send me to, to help me learn? :)
(I am located in the US if that helps any)

Doe=Female
Buck=Male
Kit/Popple=Baby Bunny
Kindling/Poppling= Giving Birth
Show Quality= Can be shown
Pet Quality= Cannot be shown
Brood Quality= has a DQ but would be good for producing Show Quality kits
Sire= Father
Dam= Mother
Broken= a % white with a % color
Charlie= less than 10% color

I breed Mini Rex's as well. They are such a beautiful breed. They're very spunky, and curious, but generally family friendly. And SOOOOOO soft :roll:

Above are the terms I could remember off the top of my head. Theres probly a million more lol

Thanks for this terrific minirex resource!
I've had minirex 9 years, but brand new to the breeder and exhibition realms.
Yesterday I stood in front of minirex judges over 3 hours listening to them debate, among other points, mini rex fur. After reading many posts, I just found yours.

Being a recessive gene breed with lots of mutations, it makes perfect sense there's confusion and debate.

Extremely helpful! thanks :D

Im new to breeding mini rex rabbits too. I have been to many judgings hoping to learn what to look for. I am glad to find your post. It may help more than just by ear.

Back