Testicle/Scrotum Question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truckinguy

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Well, after a ridiculously busy summer we slowed down at work enough for me to complete the addition on Bunny Manor. If I can figure out how to shrink my pics under 1mb I will post some.

Anyway, while moving Fred over to the new wing temporarily I flipped him over to check him out since he rarely gets picked up and I noticed his scrotums were just empty wrinkled up bags with seemingly no testicles in them. I processed two of his six month old sons on Sunday and they both had two bulging testicles showing.

He REALLY didn't like me poking around down there but I don't know if he was feeling pain or just not really liking being picked up and flipped over onto his back which is very rare.

He's six years old now and still frisky, chasing the does around and seems to be quite healthy. He's a great friendly rabbit and always comes over for a thorough back and ear massage. I guess my question is whether his condition means he is done breeding or have his testicles just pulled up into his body for some reason?

He is the son of my first doe Scarlett and is a solid, stocky rabbit with thick fur and a great temperament so I would hate to lose his breeding ability although his daughters are the does I'm keeping to build my herd.

Truckinguy":2bbw92ul said:
Well, after a ridiculously busy summer we slowed down at work enough for me to complete the addition on Bunny Manor. If I can figure out how to shrink my pics under 1mb I will post some.

That's great! Can't wait to see the pics!

Truckinguy":2bbw92ul said:
have his testicles just pulled up into his body for some reason?

:yeahthat: Being flipped probably made him nervous. Do you still have your old cages? If so, put him in one of those and wait until he relaxes. If you peer up at him from below you should see his testicles.

There is a ring of tissue that in most animals closes after the testicles drop. In some animals like rabbits that doesn't happen. If they are cold, nervous, worrying about damage to the area through activity,etc.... The testicles will go back into the body. It's completely normal and they should continue breeding fine.

Back