13 wk old female Holland Lop bites clothing & towels

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
One of our female Holland lops who is 12 weeks old loves to bite at our shirts or towel on our lap when we hold her. She will do it non stop. We don't believe this is normal because none of our other rabbits do this.

How do we get her to stop? Why is she doing this?

Thank you.

I don't know how to stop it, but it is normal for rabbits. I have a buck, who if he's on my lap, and he's eating my shirt or a blanket, or something else, and i'll be trying to direct him to something else, he will PICK IT UP AND MOVE IT! be it a piece of kale, or my finger, it doesn't matter. but i find it hilarious

Yea, I think it is fairly normal. My Silver Fox buck likes to nibble on your shirt when you are holding him, so we just don't pick him up very often ;) He demands plenty of petting whenever we are in the bunny area though :lol:

I have some rabbits who do this as a sign that they want out of my lap, generally because they need to "go to the bathroom". Some also seem to do it as a way of returning my grooming.

Back