3 people 2 rabbits :/

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noblegarden

Reaction score
My first time selling and I have 3 people interested in the same two rabbits (out of a litter of 7). They are cute, but they are ALL cute, I feel blind because I can't see the big deal. I want to help them all out, it's making my stomach hurt. Is it always like this?

It happens.

I have a current litter of 7 from my lop Molly. There are ready to be
sold now. A past buyer has had dibs on 1 of them for about a month
now. ( not sure if the chocolate or the broken one he wants) I have
another buyer who wants a chocolate one.

There is 2 solid chocolate, 1 broken and 4 solid black ones.
Well priority is my breeding program. I plan on keeping the broken
one which happens to be a tri color and a female.
My first buyer will probably take 1 of the chocolates and my other
buyer will get the other chocolate. I was going to put a listing on CL,
but I want to make sure the 2 buyers are covered first. One of them
might want a black one. I will know in the next few days.

I think they are all cute myself. The ears are down and the babes
all have a good personality. I only have the 1 adult lop doe. This
is her 3rd litter for me, and I have kept 1 female from each prior litter.
The oldest one should be able to be bred later this month.

You can choose. First come, first serve is what we usually go by. But if you feel someone is a poor owner, than I would turn away them.

I would tell the people who came 2nd that someone else is interested in buying the same rabbits and they should choose differently. I would tell them to instead of choose off looks try to learn their personality.

Also, if someone is looking for a breeding rabbit, I'd give them higher priority for a higher quality rabbit instead of the ones looking just for a pet. That's just me though.

I usually only breed my Mini Lops if i have a waiting list of 3 or more people, if they want a particular colour or gender they must place a deposit, otherwise its who ever shows up first when I start showing them at 4 or 5 weeks old, and again, a deposit is required to hold one until 8 weeks.

Also, I only show the ones that are available so no one can ask for a rabbit that is already reserved and so far there haven't been any conflicts :)

My sister on the other hand frequently has problems as she likes to show the entire litter and then tell the people, often with kids, that they cannot have one or another because they are spoken for - which is a bit cruel in my opinion :(

Dood":2t4svc23 said:
Also, I only show the ones that are available so no one can ask for a rabbit that is already reserved and so far there haven't been any conflicts :)

That is a good practice Dood, I will separate the sold from the group when other buyers come by. I was thinking of doing that just in case someone wanted to hold a baby that was already sold - if they dropped it, or hurt it in any way that would be a headache.
I sold one, now I only have two people interested in the same rabbit. I told them I am available from 7am -7pm and first person who puts a deposit gets it. That way I am not holding a rabbit for someone who might flake on me. I did tell them there are other people interested, and I will keep them posted on the availability - I think both would offer good homes :/ so.
This was an unplanned litter, so trying to get homes arranged before they are weaned so that I am not stuck with too many bunnies.

It happens, I never consider a rabbit sold until it is picked up and I think I'm going to start requiring deposits if I'm holding it for more then a few days. I've had people "completely certain" they wanted a particular bunny and after multiple communications, sending them lots of pictures, ect, they just disappear. I also only ever show the available ones, otherwise people always seem to want the spoken for rabbits. It also always seems like I have a bunny for sale for ages with no interest and then suddenly a bunch of people contact me in the same day.

I have more buns than people interested. I have someone coming tonight to pick up my 1st born EVER singleton and I'm a bit sad about it. I didn't want to get rid of him but was in the process of sharing what I wanted to be several bun photos and they just wanted the 1st one I sent because he's a cutey. It's a little girl of about 10 so I just went with it. I have three others going from the second litter this weekend also. There were only 2 born that aren't primarily white and every one wants them, while I think they are all adorable. My sister in law wants two, I promised her the only blue one and she told me to pick the other. :shock: It'll be her kids pets and I think they should choose. I'm nervous about getting rid of any of them at all! But I know 15 rabbits is a few too many to be my pets.

You have to come up with a system. I do first come first serve. If someone has emailed me I inform the next person and the next person and the next person that I have other people interested ahead of them and everyone picks out their rabbits in order. Occasionally exceptions are made. If the first person to message me is being a royal pain I may move on to the next person who wanted that particular animal and is willing to meet me asap on my schedule. I guarantee nothing to no one who doesn't send me a reservation fee through paypal.

Unless I get a bad feeling or find out some thing about the first potential person, it is first come first serve. If you want a rabbit held, I must have a deposit. I have it posted and I tell them with in my first email that they are still posted and while it isn't any thing personal even though it may seem that way, I've had too many others flake after holding a baby for them for 3 weeks and been left to try to place them and have to hold onto them for another 2 months. Of course now I don't hold onto babies that long as I have other outlets then just pet, but every thing else is still the same. I don't want to hold a rabbit for even a week any more and not have a place he/she's going to. I have limited space and I want it for my keepers only. I have been asked if I would keep a rabbit on temp hold for a day or two while a person considers, and this I will do but no longer as I wouldn't want some one rushing into a purchase or think I was trying to push them into buying. But I do not put this on my site any more as every email I got asked to have at least 1 if not 3-4 or the whole bunch I had for sale at that time to put on temp hold. What ever you decide, be frank but talk nicely and stick to it.

first come, first served is what i do.

First with a deposit is secure.
Deposit is 50% of what rabbit is listed for at time of purchase as I start higher and go lower as I get more determined to sell the bunny. People sometimes complain about that.

had a black bunny this weekend .... it was so odd as I can rarely sell black easily. two people wanted, one paid a deposit... guess which one got it though the other person arrived first. It was just so odd to have folks arguing about a black rabbit.

i once had 4 people all beging for the same rabbit cause of his blue eyes. i know the best thing to do is make a first come first surve policy. if someone really gots out f their way(the person who got him drove 200 miles) they are the right one

Latest posts

Back