Latest litter

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbitdog

Reaction score
Here is a batch of Champagne X NZ broken red. This is the first year of breeding my new Champagne doe. This is her 3rd litter this year (8, 9 and eight today). She raised all but one and is excellent condition. She seems to be holding up much better than my American blue. I'm thinking about keeping one of these does depending on how they grow out. Should be an excellent comparison opportunity between this buck and my NZ black.
1187.jpg

Nice looking litter! :)

Congratulations on having such a good doe. I hope one of them is a nicely built doe for you to keep back.

Please, please post updated pics of these guys as the get bigger. I love the colors, and am looking to add to my rabbitry...in Virginia :)

Always lookin to swap genetics!
What breeds do you have?
Noticed your homestead photo. Looks a lot like mine .... only neater and more productive. :(
Unfortunately, it looks like you've got deer pressure, huh?
Here's a pic of our homestead. We're beeks, too!
View.jpg

What parts of VA are yall in? I know here (charlottesville area) i dont see too much good meat rabbits in the ads/groups. Mostly netherlands and lops and jerseywoolys etc they want top dollar for with no pedigree either.

Rabbitdog":30m10wte said:
What breeds do you have?
Noticed your homestead photo. Looks a lot like mine .... only neater and more productive. :(
Unfortunately, it looks like you've got deer pressure, huh?
Here's a pic of our homestead. We're beeks, too!

Love that open flat land! We are in extreme southwest Virginia, about 30 minutes from the VA/TN/KY borders. We are on the side of a mountain, so we have a lot of slope we have to work around. Believe it or not, the fencing around our gardens isn't because of deer, it's because our German Shepard loves to help herself to veggies! We had to close her all you can eat buffet. I got tired of going out and seeing her munching on a cucumber.

As far as wild critters, we get a ton of deer and turkeys, and the area really has some problems with black bears, but I have only seen signs of them, no actual bears yet. My hubby saw one with two cubs down the road a bit.

We raise New Zealands- blacks and reds for now. I really want to add brokens to the mix.

ohiogoatgirl":1rdmeou1 said:
What parts of VA are yall in? I know here (charlottesville area) i dont see too much good meat rabbits in the ads/groups. Mostly netherlands and lops and jerseywoolys etc they want top dollar for with no pedigree either.
I'm about an hour south of you.
If my new buck produces better grow out weights, I'll let you know. {fingers crossed} <br /><br /> __________ Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:36 pm __________ <br /><br />
Marinea":1rdmeou1 said:
Rabbitdog":1rdmeou1 said:
What breeds do you have?

As far as wild critters, we get a ton of deer and turkeys, and the area really has some problems with black bears, but I have only seen signs of them, no actual bears yet. My hubby saw one with two cubs down the road a bit.

We raise New Zealands- blacks and reds for now. I really want to add brokens to the mix.
I'm getting a pair of standard rex (hopefully next week) for just that reason. Meat and grow out weights/time is critical but a close second is looks for fur tanning.
Bears .... yuck!!! Nasty, stinking, destructive beasts!!!

Booted brokens can be pretty cute - I love it in tri-colours :) they even have a special name for them... which escapes me at the moment :(

Anyway, do you have any updated photos? I am curious to see if you have any gold tipped steels and if the Champagnes have been infiltrated with this colour along with the Sliver Fox, Californian's and NZ's :mrgreen:

Well, as you can see we are down to 7 at about 2.5 weeks. Apparently, one of the brokens disappeared in the night. Never found any remains.
They didn't color up quite like I was expecting. The large black that I thought might be a keeper seems to have blended in with the others sizewise. Probably not going to keep any from here but won't make that decision until I see the grow out weights. Where did that brown come from??? I can't figure out which one he is in the original pic (maybe the one with the white resting his head on his back).
1242.jpg

Rabbitdog":b3u7zlgk said:
Well, as you can see we are down to 7 at about 2.5 weeks. Apparently, one of the brokens disappeared in the night. Never found any remains.
They didn't color up quite like I was expecting. The large black that I thought might be a keeper seems to have blended in with the others sizewise. Probably not going to keep any from here but won't make that decision until I see the grow out weights. Where did that brown come from??? I can't figure out which one he is in the original pic (maybe the one with the white resting his head on his back).

So cute :) The Agouti (I think) kit does seem to look like it was the one you're thinking. If you look at it's face in the baby picture it has kind of a brown tinge to it...

Oh I cannot WAIT until the next litters (hopefully I get 2 litters... one of my does won't cooperate :evil: . I've never bred her to my buck, so I REALLY want babies from her :cry_baby: )

Latest posts

Back