did a rabbit swap

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
I was going to butcher a ND doe and buck for space. Not really anything wrong with them. Just not useful to me and not easy to sell as adults. Then someone wanted a pair of ND for their daughter to play with breeding and showing. As far as I know they have no DQs but I did say I would give them a junior when I had one if it turned out one couldn't be shown. Since I wasn't interested in any money for them I took a trade of 2 lops for 2 Netherlands. I figured I'd just butcher the lops instead and have bigger dog food.

But... They are fluffy and bigger than expected. Plus look at the color. They might be useful.... Except.... I'm picking up 2 standard chinchilla rabbits tomorrow and needed the cage space. I could breed the chinchilla lop to the buck for more meat rabbits..... but I'd need to build more cages fast and there is lots of other stuff to do.

My 2 lops

Is the 2nd just a blue? The ends of the ears are darker and look like a normal blue to me but the body is so light and it has a brown tinge that didn't show on the camera. I actually thought her a lilac at first but getting her home to look closer she does look more blue and her ears definitely look blue. I just noticed if you look along the edge of the chinchilla colored one's pic you can see the brown tinge to the self one. Not sure why the color is so majorly different. I might have to take new pics.

Too bad my truck is going nowhere right now. There is an extra rabbit hutch in the garage at the condo which hasn't been moved here yet. I don't know why it got skipped while we had the moving truck. It won't fit in the suv without taking it apart.

My smoke pearl doe and her brother I sold look blue. In all light they look blue with more blue. This one looks mostly brown except the ends of the ears and on camera flash. :shrug:

Could it be sootyness ?

Genetically I can think of no other colour she could be :shrug:

She is too dark for sallander (aa B_ cchd_ dd ee) or sable point ( aa B_ cchl_ dd ee)

She is too light for a seal (aa B_ cchl cchl dd E_ )

So sable ( aa B_ cchl_ dd E_ ) is the only option

She's light but far darker than any of the smoke pearl lop pics I found online without much for point shading. It could partially be age but I don't have a birth date. Unfortunately I may not have cage space to sit on mystery self color until color clarity improves.

Back