Is he Show Quality????

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ottersatin":3dki5jm8 said:
I'd show him,
but he is not posed correctly in the picture.
His hind feet are too far forward.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

yeeeeeah I'm still learning how to pose them lol. I've been breeding for a year and I'm just now getting into showing :oops: :cool:

but, I'll get there. If the potential buyer for them doesn't get back to me I'll show them in October :)

Depends, you may want to see what your competition is showing. Youth is usually not as tough as open, usually friendlier as well. Some areas it doesn't matter, some it does. It is just like any thing else. Not being posed correctly and I'm guessing at that ugly stage they all go through too, impossible to look at type. Make sure all dq's, including ear length, are checked for. Be prepared for he may be showable but is not show quality exactly, some people have a different opinion on what that is exactly. After a few years I've gotten that way, I will show rabbits that are showable with the understanding they may not be show quality; there is a big difference between a rabbit free of dq's that *can* be shown and one that is *competitive* when shown in a given class.

Keep in mind too that you have to start somewhere. My stock has improved immensely over the last year and I started out with some pretty average rabbits.

I just bred one of my rabbits (I want to breed both of them but one of them was playing hard to get and then not lifting... I'll try again tonight) and I'll be keeping a kit from both litters if there are show quality kits

3mina has a good point, by no means was I implying try to buy the best or to save up and spend 300 on one "nice" rabbit etc. The ones I started with were err, "just" squeak by showable and most wouldn't have even bred them to be honest. I try to improve some each year, I don't have $$ to put into one rabbit that would really help put me in what would be competition around here, would be at least 150-200 or more for either the Holland Lops or Mini Rex. I have gotten some bov and bob in the past in open, but that was with small classes at small shows and the one breed I was the only one that showed lol. Just have fun and learn, some people can be too competitive.

I'm really just showing to: (a) Advertise my Rabbitry, (b) To see how my rabbits do, and (c) to possibly sell some babies (who will not be ready to go until nov but I could at least get some customers)

Back