New arrivals

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MewsicLovr

Reaction score
Today we welcomed a litter of 12 (!) new little ones into the world! Momma is exhausted. It's been extremely hot here lately, so we brought them inside shortly after - and mom was going crazy trying to figure out what we did with her babies. We gave them back later in the evening when it wasn't as hot and she checked them all over to make sure they were all still there. :)

Attachments

• new_litter.jpg
    new_litter.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 287
Aww, congrats! They are adorable.

My doe had 11 kits yesterday- they look a lot like yours. We are combating the heat by adding a fan to her cage- we picked up a small mountable fan and she loves it! I throw in a frozen water bottle in the afternoon and she moves it around so the fan blows the air over the bottle then onto her. She likes her air conditioning!

We have actually tried the frozen bottles idea, but ALL of our rabbits chew holes in them!

Excellent. I've never had a litter that size. They all look very close to the same size. No obvious runts (maybe the long skinny one on bottom right, but he could just be stretching). What breed are they?
Please post some 3 or 4 week photos, as well.

Yeah one of the black ones is a runt. Probably the one you pointed out.

The doe is a California-NZ mix. The buck is a BEW mutt of some kind. We get a wide variety of colors from him.

Edit: this is only the doe's second litter. Her first one was a little small at 6, but she fostered an additional two and didn't lose any. She's been a wonderful mother. <br /><br /> -- Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:45 pm -- <br /><br /> Got an emergency. One of the kits is very weak and doesn't appear to be getting milk. We have tried laying the doe on her back and having the kit on top of her. We've also tried holding her in our lap and having the kit underneath. The kit does not appear to be trying very hard to get the milk and I don't think it's getting any. It's VERY weak. Anything we can do?? It is a LARGE litter for her, and she only has 7 working nipples, so I guess it just may not survive...?

Back