Bucks

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandits Bunny Farm

Reaction score
So pretty soon, we're going to build 2 rabbit colonies. One for bucks, and one for does.

The one for does is just going to be open with little doghouse-type structures to keep them sheltered.

The one for bucks I'm planning on making it a stall type with gates so that I can get in, unless they will get along. I have three senior bucks, 1 Standard Rex, 1 Mini Rex, and 1 Mini Lop. I don't think that my Mini Lop buck will get along with them, so I'm definitely going to have a stall for him, and the Standard Rex is only temporary until I can sell him (hopefully I can sell him after I show him in September) but I think my Mini Rex will get along with any new bucks I get (I'm hoping I can maybe trade my Mini Lop and Standard buck for some new ML kits, 1 buck and 2 does, I want 2 Frosted does (1 Black and 1 Blue) and either a pointed white or a Chocolate Frosted, either that or I'll just buy new Mini Lops lol) and I'm pretty sure Thumper will get along with the buck kit, but do you think they'll still get along after he's matured? or should I just do the stalls?

Trying to house Bucks together is a BAD idea!
In fact I believe it is a VERY BAD idea.
I fear that if you try to carry out what you plan
what you will eventually find on some gloomy morning
is an absolute bloodbath! Please do not do it!
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

That's what I thought. I'll just stick with the stalls then :cool:

I'll be putting bricks/paving stone down in the entire area for my colonies about.... 2-4' down and then making a border with the bricks/pavers, and separating (with bricks/pavers) the buck colony from the doe colony, and then I'll make underground stalls by building up the bricks/pavers and then put some sort of fencing/gate so I can have acces to them, but the bucks can't acces each other

Back