I think this is what I wanted... any opinions?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlt

Reaction score
I think my black buck must have some other stuff mixed in with him... that or these are a different color of chestnut than I have seen. Hoping they are actually reds. Five born last night, all still warm and wiggly this morning.

Anybody with more experience able to tell me if these are reds at this point? Can't see much fur yet, but can actually see more in the pic than out in the garage :).

IM000188resized.jpg

Yep, those are reds. That means your black buck carries 'e' and 'w' and based on that dark red, he's probably carrying some rufous modifiers as well. Which means there was probably a red somewhere in that black's lineage. Good thing for you :)

moonkitten":2mbrrqly said:
Yep, those are reds. That means your black buck carries 'e' and 'w' and based on that dark red, he's probably carrying some rufous modifiers as well. Which means there was probably a red somewhere in that black's lineage. Good thing for you :)

Oh good, Somebody smarter than me! I was going to say something like this, but I would have had to look it up to check myself, because I get red/black interaction mixed up between rabbits and horses, used to breed black horses...they are fairly similar actually, black can cover red in both cases, I think.

Back