Register

2 mini rex rabbits

A forum to help find new homes for rabbits whose owners can no longer provide care for them. Everyone can read, but you must have 20 posts to participate in this forum.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 540
Joined: October 23, 2012
Location: Ohio
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 18 in 15 posts
BunnyBucks: 3,790.00

2 mini rex rabbits

Post Number:#1  Unread postby preciousgurl63 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:41 am


I'm looking to rehome my 2 mini rex rabbits. The doe is about 1 and the buck is about 2 years old. The buck is a little shy from my dang rodent problem I have and can't seem to get rid of. The doe is a sweetheart. She will hop around her cage until you come say hi and give her some pets. I have bred them both. They had a little of 7 all survived. The doe made a huge nest, had all kits in the nest and would let me handle them with no problems. She was just a really good mother. I'm rehoming them because I'm getting into the meat breed of rabbits and have no room so these 2 have to go sadly to say. They both would make good pets they just need someone to come give them a good home. The rehoming fee is only $35 for both of them to make sure they good to a good home. I'm located in Grafton, Ohio. If you have any questions about them feel free to ask. I do have pictures of them but right now my computer is acting up so I will have to post them later.

__________ Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:41 am __________

Need gone. Going to a fair this weekend and would like to get some meat rabbits but won't be able to if I don't sell these first. So please there has to be someone out there that wants them.

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 59
Joined: March 18, 2014
Location: NE Newyork
United States of America Female
Thanks: 4
Thanked: 7 in 7 posts
BunnyBucks: 355.00

Re: 2 mini rex rabbits

Post Number:#2  Unread postby BusterHill » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:43 am


have you tried advertising them on craigslist?

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 540
Joined: October 23, 2012
Location: Ohio
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 18 in 15 posts
BunnyBucks: 3,790.00

Re: 2 mini rex rabbits

Post Number:#3  Unread postby preciousgurl63 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:35 pm


Yes I have with no replies. I don't know if how I'm advertising is wrong and what. But it just seems like nobody wants these sweet rabbits.

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 520
Joined: June 4, 2014
Location: Michigan
Thanks: 222
Thanked: 50 in 38 posts
BunnyBucks: 3,797.00

Re: 2 mini rex rabbits

Post Number:#4  Unread postby jimmywalt » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:13 pm


preciousgurl63 wrote:Yes I have with no replies. I don't know if how I'm advertising is wrong and what. But it just seems like nobody wants these sweet rabbits.


I do stuff on CL all the time. Make sure you post it under "Pets" (click on Community and then Pets), also do For Sale and choose both "Farm & Garden" and "General".

What you wrote here was SOOO good that I would just copy and paste it in your CL ad. Also pictures do wonders as well.

On here I understand you only asking $35 because you know we all love rabbits, but on CL I'd go $40 or $45 for two reasons..... One, you don't want someone to get them just to sell them for more, and two, so that if they talk you down on price you still end up with a bit of pocket money.

They sound great and if I lived close to you I'd adopt them in a second!

Good luck. Keep us posted ok?

Can you post a picture of them. I'm just curious. :)

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 540
Joined: October 23, 2012
Location: Ohio
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 18 in 15 posts
BunnyBucks: 3,790.00

Re: 2 mini rex rabbits

Post Number:#5  Unread postby preciousgurl63 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:51 pm


Thanks. I will redo my craigslist ad tomorrow then. And of course I will let everyone know if I get rid of them or not. Here is some pics I have of them.
Attachments
Photo2920.jpg
Midnight(Buck)
Photo2920.jpg (989.75 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
Photo2922.jpg
Mocha(Doe)
Photo2922.jpg (951.61 KiB) Viewed 1684 times

The following user would like to thank preciousgurl63 for this post
jimmywalt

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 520
Joined: June 4, 2014
Location: Michigan
Thanks: 222
Thanked: 50 in 38 posts
BunnyBucks: 3,797.00

Re: 2 mini rex rabbits

Post Number:#6  Unread postby jimmywalt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:26 pm


They are so pretty. $50 on Craigslist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then you can be certain that they will go to a great home with people that love them!!!

You sure you don't have 2 spare cages to keep them? They are just too pretty to sell!!!

Hey, breed them again. Sell the 7 babies at $20 each and you will have $140 that you can buy a bunch of used cages. Problem solved!!!!

__________ Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:12 pm __________

I see your CL listing is still out there......... for only $30 for the pair. :P :P :P They are too beautiful for only $30. Change it to $50. People might think there is something wrong with them since they are only $30.

Didn't you like my earlier comment about breeding them again and selling the 7 babies at $20 each? You will have MORE than enough cage space with that kind of money!.................. Just saying..........

Maybe if you changed your ad up a bit -

Beautiful breeding pair of Mini Rex rabbits

Both Doe and Buck are Proven!!!!

Doe is a beautiful black tort, only 1 year old, very friendly and a great mother too! She had 7 beautiful, healthy kits!

Buck is a soft black and only 2 years old.

Both of these adorable rabbits would make great breeders and pets.

Only $30 for the pair. Pick up in Grafton, Ohio. Don't forget a box or cage to transport them in.

__________ Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:26 pm __________

Yep that's it........ On the Cleveland CL one rabbit goes for around $20 to $30. So with you rehoming two for only $30 I bet people are thinking that something is wrong with them. You need to up it to $45 or $50 and also put that you are very sad to see them go but you're only rehoming them because you need cage space for some larger breeds.

Sure wish you were near me. I'd give you $30 in a New York second for that pair!

7 beautiful soft cuddly baby bunnies at $20 each = $140, less the $30 I paid you = $110 profit in the first litter!!!! Beautiful doe and buck are mine forever ....... I WIN!!!!

Good luck on whatever you decide......... But if I were you I'd keep them! :D

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 516
Joined: July 19, 2013
Location: Western Michigan
United States of America Female
Thanks: 49
Thanked: 25 in 25 posts
BunnyBucks: 3,315.00

Re: 2 mini rex rabbits

Post Number:#7  Unread postby The_Dutchess » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:33 pm


preciousgurl63 you wouldn't be the girl who contacted me about Silver Fox would you? If not huge coincidence because she was from Ohio and had Mini Rex. She was coming down from ohio to Michigan where I am but said she had to get rid of a few buns before she got more so said she would let me know.

__________ Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:33 pm __________

I so wish you were closer they are beautiful. I might get a Mini Rex but they're kinda hard to find near me. We're like an hour away from all the breeders I know of.
Image

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 540
Joined: October 23, 2012
Location: Ohio
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 18 in 15 posts
BunnyBucks: 3,790.00

Re: 2 mini rex rabbits

Post Number:#8  Unread postby preciousgurl63 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:56 pm


jimmywalt wrote:They are so pretty. $50 on Craigslist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then you can be certain that they will go to a great home with people that love them!!!

You sure you don't have 2 spare cages to keep them? They are just too pretty to sell!!!

Hey, breed them again. Sell the 7 babies at $20 each and you will have $140 that you can buy a bunch of used cages. Problem solved!!!!

__________ Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:12 pm __________

I see your CL listing is still out there......... for only $30 for the pair. :P :P :P They are too beautiful for only $30. Change it to $50. People might think there is something wrong with them since they are only $30.

Didn't you like my earlier comment about breeding them again and selling the 7 babies at $20 each? You will have MORE than enough cage space with that kind of money!.................. Just saying..........

Maybe if you changed your ad up a bit -

Beautiful breeding pair of Mini Rex rabbits

Both Doe and Buck are Proven!!!!

Doe is a beautiful black tort, only 1 year old, very friendly and a great mother too! She had 7 beautiful, healthy kits!

Buck is a soft black and only 2 years old.

Both of these adorable rabbits would make great breeders and pets.

Only $30 for the pair. Pick up in Grafton, Ohio. Don't forget a box or cage to transport them in.

__________ Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:26 pm __________

Yep that's it........ On the Cleveland CL one rabbit goes for around $20 to $30. So with you rehoming two for only $30 I bet people are thinking that something is wrong with them. You need to up it to $45 or $50 and also put that you are very sad to see them go but you're only rehoming them because you need cage space for some larger breeds.

Sure wish you were near me. I'd give you $30 in a New York second for that pair!

7 beautiful soft cuddly baby bunnies at $20 each = $140, less the $30 I paid you = $110 profit in the first litter!!!! Beautiful doe and buck are mine forever ....... I WIN!!!!

Good luck on whatever you decide......... But if I were you I'd keep them! :D


I forgot to redo my craigslist ad. But I might not have to because I have someone coming tomorrow morning to check them out. So fingers crossed that they find a good home tomorrow. But if not I will do want you said. I even took new pics of them this morning which I love.


The_Dutchess wrote:preciousgurl63 you wouldn't be the girl who contacted me about Silver Fox would you? If not huge coincidence because she was from Ohio and had Mini Rex. She was coming down from ohio to Michigan where I am but said she had to get rid of a few buns before she got more so said she would let me know.

__________ Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:33 pm __________

I so wish you were closer they are beautiful. I might get a Mini Rex but they're kinda hard to find near me. We're like an hour away from all the breeders I know of.


No I don't believe I'm that girl. I'm not looking for silver fox rabbits. Thanks they are really beautiful rabbits and very friendly. They make adorable kits too. I got a surprise the first time I bred them and got me a blue tort which I've never seen ever in my life. He was so adorable. Wish I had room because I would of kept him. And mini rex breeders seem everywhere here in ohio. I couldn't sell my kits for nothing because everyone was looking for pedigreed ones and mine was not. I did finally find them all wonderful home though.

__________ Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:56 pm __________

Well today my rabbits both found a good home. A lady and her 3 daughters came to check them out and fell in love with them. I'm so glad they both went to a great home. I told the girls what the names of the rabbits was and if they wanted to change them they could but the girls said no they liked their names. So they get to keep their name and get a good home.

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 150
Joined: July 21, 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Canada Female
Thanks: 47
Thanked: 28 in 27 posts
BunnyBucks: 805.00

Re: 2 mini rex rabbits

Post Number:#9  Unread postby SA Farm » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:26 am


That's great news! Glad you found a good home for them. :clap2:
Raising Mini Rex Rabbits

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
User avatar
Posts: 540
Joined: October 23, 2012
Location: Ohio
Thanks: 0
Thanked: 18 in 15 posts
BunnyBucks: 3,790.00

Re: 2 mini rex rabbits

Post Number:#10  Unread postby preciousgurl63 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:20 am


I'm so glad too. My 3yr old niece is even more excited because she gets to pick a bunny out at the fair now on friday since we have room.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests