New addition to the animal house

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozemba

Reaction score
I just picked up my bun last week, right before Easter I know, but he was not an Easter bunny. I had planned and scrimped and planned some more, and I managed to contact the breeder right before she put his litter up for sale and reserved him. He is a holland lop and was born March 3.

I introduce to you, Sir Percival Bunbuns, fluffiest knight in the realm.
IMG_0339.JPG.opt401x267o0_0s401x267.jpeg

Very cute :D

Frosty is one of my favourite colours, I have a frosty Mini Lop named "Ice" although she is posed like a Holland in the picture :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 2,195
Thanks for the kind . He is a sweetie. I'm loving letting him run around my bunny-proofed bedroom. Just gotta make sure I sweep. He hasn't quite gotten a hold of the concept of litterbox for poops.
2014-04-.jpg

Hi Ozemba!

:welcomewagon:

Sir Percival sure is a little cutie!

It is normal for rabbits to drop a "bunnyberry" here and there, and they will always do it. But that is different from their "main" bowel movement where they leave a whole pile. I hope he gets the hang of using his litterbox soon. :clover:

So, I fear I've come down with rabbitosis. Craigslist has shown me several fluffy bunnies needing new homes... I found this beautiful guy.
01414_gykj1jLDApY_600x450.jpg
He was listed as an english lop but he just doesn't have the ears, I'm leaning towards french lop or a english lop mix. The current owner said his ears are 8 inches and he's 14 months old. I am going to pick him up next weekend. My roommate and I don't have a name picked out yet, but we wanted to stick with knights of the round table.

Edit: I wanted to give you an update on Sir Percy. He's doing very well, he gets to run around my room when I'm getting ready for work and on my lunch break. The cats are still wary of him, they don't know quite what to do when he approaches them. My calico Hazel Grace has decided it's best to hiss and run away. He has upgraded to a customized large dog kennel with multiple levels, and only uses the bathroom in his litterbox in his cage and the litterbox in my closet. He loves giving kisses and will put up with being held, but as soon as you put him down he will run away so you don't pick him up again. He likes being stroked from in between his eyes to the back of his head. He will poke his face up against the cage wall so I can pet him before I go to work.

He is a lovely harlequin and I agree he is likely an English lop cross, Frenchies tend to have a much rounder body and face while the English tend to be long bodied and have a distinct "roman nose" :)

Adding another male to your home could bring out some stereotypical buck behaviours in Sir Percival such as spraying :( I 'll cross my fingers for you.

Adding another male to your home could bring out some stereotypical buck behaviours in Sir Percival such as spraying

I'm going to let them have run of different parts of the house. Percival stays in my room, and the new buck will be in the living room. As soon as I have some money saved up I'll get both of them neutered, probably in the fall. Do you think that keeping them separate will keep them from spraying? I had a pair of lionhead bucks before that were not neutered, but also didn't spray because they were kept in separate runs. <br /><br /> __________ Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:34 pm __________ <br /><br /> Updates!

Percy is as cute and fluffy as ever, now almost 5 months old.
IMG_20140728_004926small.jpgIMG_20140728_004916small.jpg

And we have our second bun! Sir Tristan Quinn!
IMG_20140728_010102small.jpgIMG_20140728_010335small.jpg
IMG_20140728_010215small.jpg

He is not used to being handled, and won't come to me for pets like Percy, but we're working on it. He is really destructive as well, Percy will occasionally nibble on things and eat the edges of baskets and such, but Tristan shreds cardboard to pieces. He was also very cage aggressive when I got him, but now that he has a larger area to hang out in, he doesn't mind me reaching into his cage to grab the food dish or the litter box. I got some plastic cat toys with jingle bells in them and Tristan thinks they are the coolest while Percy runs away every time I roll one towards him.

Bandits Bunny Farm":q6uaj25o said:
ozemba":q6uaj25o said:
My calico Hazel Grace

The Fault in Our Stars reader, eh??? I love that book. I really want to see the movies since I read the book a few weeks ago

Yeah! She was a little sick foundling kitten after a rather strong summer rainstorm last year and was nothing but skin and bones, I told her she could pull through it and named her Hazel Grace.

Back