My kitty, Yvaine, needs surgery...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle@theWintertime

Reaction score
I hate to ask but my kitty needs help...I'm struggling to find a way to pay for her surgery. At least one, possibly more of her teeth have abscessed and caused serious problems; her jaw is infected and she's having a hard time eating. Without surgery, she won't be able to eat at all soon, and that's if the infection doesn't become systemic. Anything helps, even just sharing/signal-boost!!!! If y'all could share this far and wide, I'd appreciate it...I'm worried sick about her, this kitty means the world to me. :(
http://www.gofundme.com/bj7jsg

*hugs*

I don't have a single penny to spare, but I have forwarded it along to everyone I know.

*fingers crossed for you and your gorgeous kitty*

Was glad to see that Yvaine's going to get her dental issues fixed!
Hope you're feeling better knowing that she will be soon. :)

Oh, Kyle, I just read your update. That is heartbreaking. Having just gone through this exact situation with Marilla, I can only say that you are doing the right thing. She went downhill so fast--from apparently healthy to death's door in less than a week. I'm glad you are going to be able to spare Yvaine those difficult days where she knows something is wrong but doesn't know what. (((HUGS)))

How heartbreaking. Know that you are in my thoughts.

My Stubbles and Monkeyface are getting extra pats today, and I have asked them to send along healing kitty thoughts to your Yvaine.

Thanks so much for your kind words and your support, my RT friends...I really, REALLY appreciate it. The last two weeks have been an awful rollercoaster.

We tried palliative care to try and give her more time, but, this morning she was so much worse there was nothing we could do.

I typed this for my FB and for the Gofundme page: This morning was really hard; last night Yvaine was struggling and I was really thinking she was having a hard time...this morning I found her soaked in saliva and collapsed on the floor. She just wasn't improving or feeling okay any more. We got her to the vet as soon as possible. My sweet little Yvaine had to be euthanized. She was very calm at the end and I think it was a relief based on how rough the morning was for her. I feel absolutely sick at heart but...it was time for her to rest. We sure tried. Damn it anyways, but we tried, we did what we could.

I know what you're going through, Kyle, having lost our Marilla the same way so recently. Memories of your Yvaine will bring you comfort in time, but I know how much it hurts when the only thing we can do for a much-loved moggie is to give her the final kindness and let her go peacefully. (((HUGS)))

Back