Looking for a DIY plans for a grooming table

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
We went to our first rabbit show this weekend. Didn't know what to expect and learned a lot.

One thing that I saw that everyone had was a rabbit grooming table. There was a supplier there selling all sorts of rabbit stuff and he was selling these for about $60. I know I can make one for much less......... I just need some plans.

Anyone here build your own and would share plans, or have a link to plans on the web?

Something that folds up and isn't hard to build would be great!

Thank you.

I'm not sure what the show ones look like but I use a wooden tv tray with a towel on it when I groom my French Angoras. The seems to like it and it works for me.

I glued a carpet square to a wooden tv tray from walmart then screwed a plastic shoe box to one end to hold my brushes and misc supplies. It doesn't look as nice as most but light weight, low cost, and very functional. The table was about $15, $3 for the glue (I used gorilla glue epoxy but would recommend double sided tape instead.) I also used a dish mat that was $3, carpet remnants or samples can often be found free, and a plastic shoe box is $1-2. So this can be made for around $25 vs. the $75-$80 most basic tables run.

foster%20and%20jimmy%20on%20table.jpg

This isn't a great shot of the table, but my dad helped us build this one. We looked at all the plans we could find online and took what we liked about different ones, then designed our own. We used stock lumber sizes from Lowe's and adjusted to that. We used a 24"x24" piece of cabinet grade plywood and nicer 3/4" pine since we wanted to stain it, which my husband did and then sealed it. I added the logo by hand. It wasn't cheaper than purchasing a table from a vendor but we got the one just like we wanted. We made the top and legs separate so that we could set the top on cages if we wanted. Kind of by accident it just so happened that the braces on the legs fit perfectly on the underside of the table when folded so they fit together nicely when transporting the table.

There is a box on the side with a piano-hinged lid and a spring clip to keep it closed for grooming and show supplies. It is the full depth of the sides, not just to the floor of the grooming platform so it is roomier than it looks.

Back