2014 ARBA Nationals in Fort Worth

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really really really want to go :wbounce: I just need to be really convincing :cute: :bunnyhop:

We are planning on coming! Not sure if we will bring any rabbits since we are so new to showing, but there is a good possibility we will have the girls' hopping rabbit, if no one else. We have already talked about trying to find another Netherland Dwarf or two while there so I am saving my pennies!

On other forums I have participated on, when a convention was coming up, forum members often came up with some kind of visual cue so they could identify each other. Sometimes it was a little sticker or code added to their name tag (if name tags were worn, some people included their forum user name). Other times it was a certain color ribbon or something tied to an apron or pinned to a shirt. Just a fun way to figure out who was who. I've never been to an ARBA show so I don't even know if it would be feasible.

fhjmom":29gokk9l said:
On other forums I have participated on, when a convention was coming up, forum members often came up with some kind of visual cue so they could identify each other. Sometimes it was a little sticker or code added to their name tag (if name tags were worn, some people included their forum user name). Other times it was a certain color ribbon or something tied to an apron or pinned to a shirt. Just a fun way to figure out who was who. I've never been to an ARBA show so I don't even know if it would be feasible.
Galadriel has drawn up a beginning draft badge. She accidentally made it vertical, so she's modifying it to be horizontal. We hope to have it out for comments soon. :)

Miss M":3k62sehy said:
Galadriel has drawn up a beginning draft badge. She accidentally made it vertical, so she's modifying it to be horizontal. We hope to have it out for comments soon. :)

Why not use something we're all use to seeing everyday? Rip off M.C. and use the site banner to make a sew on patch?
rt-logo.JPG

Anybody have one of those fancy embroidery machines? :p

I know someone who does this for a living. Let me ask her and I will report back. Actually. I will post a new thread about this so more people see. I need input.

Miss M":k56yapsi said:

So...how is the "badge art" coming along? In the other thread L.F.G. is going to check with a friend that makes round button pins to see what we can get but...we need a design. :gettowork:

Where can I find info on the show? Is it only floor people showing rabbits or is it open to the public?

Hattie":djj5tfcs said:
Where can I find info on the show? Is it only floor people showing rabbits or is it open to the public?

Here is the link specifically for the convention info:
http://www.lonestarshows.com/

You can get to it from the ARBA website linked above, too. There is a link on the show site to download an order form for the show catalog. Mine came last week, and it helped with a lot of questions I had about the convention.

The show floor is open to the public and there is no admission charge; however, I do believe there is a charge for parking. HTH!!

I just decided to go..............I had a difficult time with a hotel that had any rooms left! If you decide to attend check out the Holiday Inn at Fossil Creek, that's where I found one.

Not sure what I am doing as it's my first show, funny I decided to attend one of the largest! I think I'll just blend into the crowd. :bunnyhop:

If anyone has any tips on how to cope please let us know, I liked the bit of green tape on the cage idea!

Wish us luck!
Sherielu

Convention showrooms are open to the public, but please be mindful that if you're there as a spectator while judging is going on, there will be a lot of traffic going to and between the coops and judging tables. Runners will be hauling rabbits to and from tables as they're called for classes and after they're judged/placed, and the last thing they need is to have to deal with masses of people standing around blocking aisles and walkways.

We're going...so excited! Hope to meet bunches of you face to face. Only entering 2 but doing a big transport so shouldn't be too busy except night of arrival and day of release, LOL

Haven't been on here in a while, but we plan on going. It's hard to pass up the chance to show rabbits at convention wihen it's so close! We'll be showing Tans and Polish. :D

Latest posts

Back