Bloody Nose? Or just Red Urine?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlt

Reaction score
I got a Florida White Doe recently... who kindled recently as well....

Anyway, I moved the rabbits into my garage last night due to temperatures. This morning I noticed she sneezed nearly clear snot (I know not necessarily a cause for alarm if it's clear)... but her nose was also "bloody" and I noticed where she had urinated was also red.

Red urine is not unheard of, is it likely that she was jut cleaning herself and got some on her nose? Or did she get injured? Are there any other causes?

kindled on the 18th.... I don't know how I could quarantine her, since I had to cram them in the garage already.... but I will see what I can do.

Could simply be that a tiny capillary burst when she sneezed. Are there any odours in the garage (oil, gas, paint etc.) that might cause congestion or irritation? I'd be inclined to think this is more likely than illness, but you never know. Could you clean her up enough that you will know if the red discoloration persists or if it was a one-time thing?

probably... I am a woodworker, so there could be something that I can't smell floating around that she is sensitive to. She just urinated again and there was no trace of red in it this time. You're probably right.

Oh, wood....
what type, any hard woods, like magonany or other toxic woods, like cedar, don't forget that many of the woods you *should* (and I'm guilt of it too) be wearing a respirator with, are just as irritating to other animals too.

mostly red oak, some pine... haven't had a project going in a while, wouldn't think there would be much airborne... then again, they are small animals...

I think pine is allergenic for rabbits, isn't it? But my idea is that she just had a little bit of a bloody nose from sneezing. Is the air very dry?

im thinking its nothing to worry about. watch her and see if it happens again, but other than that, relax. :) easier said than done, though.

Back