More money in fishing worms or vermicompost?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mosherd1

Reaction score
So I would like to turn the rabbit manure I have into an additional stream of income. I could sell the manure outright, I could use the manure in a compost system and sell the worm castings, or I can sell the worms for fishing. My initial thought was to sell both. But the more research I do I find that redworms are best for composting but too small to fish with. Then the European nightcrawlers are great for fishing but are slower composters and they tend not to live as high in the compost pile as redworms which could make collecting the castings a little more difficult. I also need to determine what the going rate is for worm castings vs fishing worms. Any advice? Thanks!
-Dave

I did red wigglers

I personally used to just sell the whole worm box worms castings dirt and I did that 2x about 7months apart and made 300$ from it and a welder super easy maintenance just water and rake the hay off the top and use a pitch fork to turn it ever now and then

this is what I used originally it took 2min worth of effort worked great very half baked idea but sold well could not harvest castings from this

this is my new setup taken forever to build up enough to get it going though but I should beable to harvest castings while leaving the worms to do there thing they call it a flo through worm bed

sorry if im confusing sometimes i change thoughts halfway through a sentence

Latest posts

Back