Pressure Canning Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comet007

Reaction score
Just wondering - I know that you can raw pack rabbit without pre-cooking it, but I'm wondering... if you are going to do this, do you still have to wait for rigor to pass? Or will the pressure canning still tenderize the meat so much that it will override the toughness of a rabbit still in rigor? It's 6-8 weeks away, but I am working on my cooking plan for our first processing weekend! A great way to keep my eye on the ball while I play with our cute little babies! When I'm petting and cuddling them I tell DH that I am tenderizing them. :p :p He is always horrified when I say things like that - and he's a mans man, hunts, crabs, fishes etc.

michaels4gardens":3r4sm0ti said:
I always wait, and/ or brine, it makes for a lot more tender end product
Ok, :oops: maybe a little silly :oops: but you can brine while it's doing the "resting" in the fridge! What about marinating? We plan to vacum pack our meat so I could just throw it in a bag and seal it and then into the freezer already brine/marinated right?

ek.blair":3bx4a1nv said:
We plan to vacum pack our meat so I could just throw it in a bag and seal it and then into the freezer already brine/marinated right?

We often marinate meats and then freeze them. It's a real time saver because the meat marinates as it thaws! :D Very flavorful, too.

Back