first rabbit dinner

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiebear

Reaction score
Finally had our first rabbit dinner last night, everyone loved it.Checked a lot of recipes and just decided to put it in the crock pot. Sea salt fresh pepper,sauteed onions,mushrooms and garlic.for sauce I heated a can of mushroom soup with one quarter cup of water and thickened it with a slurry. poured it on and cooked for one more hour. served over brown rice,a salad and warm french bread......
My five year old was disappointed because there was no eyeballs and he didn't look like a bunny :shock: :lol: But my eight year old who pukes at the sight of most foods loved it too(he is autistic,so feeding him is not so easy).Rabbit is on the meat rotation for good!!!

katiebear":1obicut4 said:
My five year old was disappointed because there was no eyeballs and he didn't look like a bunny :shock: :lol:

:rotfl:

katiebear":1obicut4 said:
But my eight year old who pukes at the sight of most foods loved it too(he is autistic,so feeding him is not so easy).

Wow! That is really impressive! :clap2: I know how hard it is to get kids with autism to try new foods, so he (and you!) should be proud of yourselves! :bouncy:

:lol: Glad everyone enjoyed it, even though it was sans eyeballs. :p

I've got two aspies myself, so I can sympathize with the difficulties of feeding autistic kids!! Both of mine love rabbit, too. :)

Glad it went over well! I have to now-grown kids who started eating wild duck when they were very young, so they still love it, while I still won't touch the stuff even when I make pepperoni with it. :D

Back