Had a good day!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaR

Reaction score
Yesterday was finally a decent day for me! I had an appointment in the morning, got to see my little peanut moving all around, heartbeat is nice and strong. I am 10 weeks now. Then I got 3 of the 5 chickens butchered! I am still struggling with morning sickness so the last 2 chickens got a stay of execution, I couldn't stand the smell anymore :lol: Today I am going to clean out the rabbit cages, or at least most of them, hopefully, as long as I don't feel too sick :oops: I am thinking about cutting down on the number of rabbits I have, at least until next year. Right now between the morning sickness and being tired all the time it would be a relief to not have to take care of so many animals. Besides I am still struggling to get these stupid rabbits to breed or keep a litter alive when they are born! Right now I have 2 litters of meat rabbits bred and due on May 10th, we will see what happens with that.

JessicaR":3v2lthhm said:
I had an appointment in the morning, got to see my little peanut moving all around, heartbeat is nice and strong.

YAY! :bouncy:

I am still struggling with morning sickness so the last 2 chickens got a stay of execution, I couldn't stand the smell anymore :lol:

Lucky chickens! I can't stand the smell even when not pregnant! :sick:

I never had morning sickness or was bothered by smells, but I recall my midwife saying that keeping crackers by your bed and having a couple before getting up was helpful. Once up having some protein (like a hardboiled egg) and orange juice to bring up your blood sugar was suggested.

I am thinking about cutting down on the number of rabbits I have, at least until next year.

That might be a good idea. :) Although of course your fatigue levels fluctuate with the trimester... but I do recall with my last pregnancy (at 33) being more tired than with the two prior. You might notice the same thing, so it's good to think about reducing your work load.

Right now I have 2 litters of meat rabbits bred and due on May 10th, we will see what happens with that.

Good luck! :good-luck:

I can tolerate the smell when I am not pregnant but right now :sick:

I have crackers right by my bed and I also drink ginger ale which helps some. Midwife told me to try and eat small meals through out the day, even though there are days I don't want to eat at all she said keeping something in my stomach will help. Some days just eating a cracker and an orange really helps other days not so much. Oh well I try not to complain too much.

JessicaR":2rxpzgis said:
Midwife told me to try and eat small meals through out the day, even though there are days I don't want to eat at all she said keeping something in my stomach will help.

I feel for you!

During my pregnancy with Firstpup, I religiously followed all the guidelines to eat this, this, and this according to the week of gestation. Cramming all of those calories in was really hard for me, and left me no room for my "comfort foods" that had little value... like dill pickles. Something that I ate incessantly before pregnancy, and people laughed because I stopped eating them during. There just wasn't any room left over! :lol:

Just do the best you can, and hopefully the phase will end soon! :clover:

JessicaR":2rxpzgis said:
Oh well I try not to complain too much.

Complain all you want here! We don't mind. :) That way you can keep up a cheerful front in real life! ;)

I understand about the smells. When I was pregnant with my youngest child all I could eat for the first trimester was "Clam Chowder". It was the ONLY protein I could eat and actually keep down. Crackers where my constant companion and of course pickles. I learned how to make 7 different kinds of chowder so I at least had some variation in my meals.

The one thing I am not looking forward to when I am old enough to have kids; the morning sickness! And, I suppose since I had a really sensitive stomach as a child that I will be hit with it even worse than usual. :roll: Well, kids are worth it.

Congrats on the healthy baby!

I haven't really had any cravings yet, other than oranges, not really sure that is a craving since I am mostly eating them because they make my stomach feel a little better. Hopefully this will end soon, most morning sickness is gone by the second trimester. :D

HHP, I didn't have any morning sickness with my first 2 kids, both boys. I definitely had morning sickness with my daughter and now with this one.

Latest posts

Back