coat colour correct?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
February12011014.jpg

Chocolate on top, blue undercoat, unlike dad who has a creamy/white undercoat.

February12011013.jpg

February12011012.jpg

February12011011.jpg

Kits are identical for the most part, one is a bit smaller than the others, and one has a narrower head.

Wondering if any are worth keeping.
Really wonder about that coat colour.

They are around four weeks old.

A white/cremey undercoat in a chocolate is a fault, you want the chocolate as far down the shaft as possible the the under colour should be a dark grey.

okay, so they have a correct coat colour then? Or should it be more of a brown colour? It seems blue to me. Well then again...blue is like dark grey! :) Cool.

Poor quality chocolate or lilac? A lilac should be all dove grey and a chocolate should be all chocolate. Maybe the color will become more chocolate as they get older? We've only had 2 chocolates born so far and I didn't pay enough attention to their undercoats as they were growing up. I know the lilac was born solid grey and never went through a color change.

Ladysown,
what colors were the parents,
and what colors are listed on their pedigrees?
That might help to decipher what could possible be produced.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

parents are blue and chocolate.

They look chocolate. Pic were taken in a dark rabbitry at night. Dim light in corner of "the tent" as my flashlight decided working was optional. they look a bit lighter in the pic than they actually are.

They're definately chocolate. If they were lilac they'd be lighter colored and more...lilac-ish? Maybe as they get older their undercolor will darken up.

no, their undercolour is already dark, that's what had me concerned.
Dad is my first ever chocolate polish and his undercoat is light. These guys are dark all the way down. So I wondered which was correct.

Back