Update pic of torts

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katduck

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this here on this new forum, but these are meat rabbits so...

I had previously posted pictures asking what color my kits were and got the answer of blue or black torts. There was some question as to the intensity of some. Here are the updated pic of them now as 6 week olds. I believe I have 1 tort and 2 blue torts? Also here is update pictures of the other kit color question who I believe the general response was Sable point.

100_0727.jpg
100_0732.jpg

100_0729.jpg
100_0730.jpg

Kat

I see black blue and a chocolate tort (Unless it's just a really like black) and sable point. They're cute :)

:eek: I thought there were only two kinds of Torts, the black (intensive) or the blue (dilute)? They do look like 3 different flavors though. (no pun intended). Ok, keep reminding myself, Black is intense and so is Chocolate. So is the possible then to have Black Tort, Blue Tort, Choc Tort, Lilac Tort?

You're right Maggie. I was going to save one, but maybe I should keep one of my nice big NZW kits and produce some big boring white babies that you can't tell one from the other. It's a lot harder when they are so pretty!

I got a couple Angoras out of Dusty & Bucky (Both 1/2 FA & 1/2 Rex) One is such a runt but SO ADORABLE. I have to tell myself everyday that I have no room for another angora and no time to groom the ones I have, never mind add another!

Kat

__________ Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:25 pm __________

I just realized I put them in a canning jar box for the picture. Quite ironic since I plan to can a bunch of rabbits from this batch of campers!

There are technically only two colours of rabbits which are Black and Brown (Chocolate) And the variations of those colours. Blue is the dilute of black, lilac the dilute of chocolate. It is possible to get those colours in any pattern. Sable Point is merely a black tort with the chinchilla gene.

So for any pattern there are 4 possible colour combos in it. :) Genetics can be confusing :lol:

WHY are you so far away! I want them I want them I WANT THEM

sigh.

They are lovely and definitely match my blue tort Vienna...varying degrees of darkness on the nose/ears so black to blue....my goodness. purty purty color.

Anntann":jqic6ix6 said:
WHY are you so far away! I want them I want them I WANT THEM

sigh.

They are lovely and definitely match my blue tort Vienna...varying degrees of darkness on the nose/ears so black to blue....my goodness. purty purty color.

Should I torment you further by telling you that they are 1/2 satin (from my AWESOME doe Donna) and 1/2 French Angora?

:whistle: Kat

BUT, I think all the ones pictured are boys except the center one in the box.

I answered over on HT, but put my glasses on to take a closer look over here. I'm still leaning towards 2 blue torts, but the one on the right could be a chocolate tort. In theory if the one is a chocolate tort then the 'blue tort' could be a lilac but it doesn't look light enough to me. I have a really nifty blue tort vienna carrier MR buck with blue eyes, he's pretty much the same coloring as the center one. Their all lovely.

They're beautiful! Nothing wrong with breeding meat rabbits that are gorgeous... unless, of course, you find yourself unable to do the meat bit because of the gorgeous bit... LOL

Honorine":264b18ks said:
I answered over on HT, but put my glasses on to take a closer look over here. I'm still leaning towards 2 blue torts, but the one on the right could be a chocolate tort. In theory if the one is a chocolate tort then the 'blue tort' could be a lilac but it doesn't look light enough to me. I have a really nifty blue tort vienna carrier MR buck with blue eyes, he's pretty much the same coloring as the center one. Their all lovely.

Well, the dam was a Chocolate Satin, and the sire a Blue Pearl FA, so I guess it could be any of those.

Kat

Ahhh So it is a chocolate tort! Listing the parents of a kit in question for colour helps narrow down what it might be. Some colours can vary a bit even in the same family lines.I haven't heard of Blue Pearl before but there is a Smoke Pearl, which would explain the sable point lol

__________ Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:44 pm __________

It also means your buck carries chocolate!!

__________ Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:47 pm __________

Just thought of it... There is a blue point which is a dilute sable point... so he could be either, must be tied or something Do you have a picture of him?<br /><br />__________ Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:48 pm __________<br /><br />

Yes the sire has Chocolate Pearl, Smoke Pearl, Sable & Sable Point in his Pedigree. This is an old picture, but the sire is on the right. He is listed as Blue Pearl and the Doe in the pic is listed as Lilac Pearl
KheringtonTwitch2.jpg

Here is a pic of the dam.
100_0652.jpg

I see a blue point, but then again in different breeds colours tend to have different names which will eternally confuse everyone. But if both parents carry chocolate you sure as shootin' have a chocolate tort.

He's cute! yes he looks like a smoke pearl and his sister is the chocolate version(I guess its a littermate?) I have never seen a chocolate satin either lol Its interesting about the fur. Now I guess if you were to breed these together you would get an interesting mix of coat types in the next generation!Although these kits seem to have very nice fur and a nice type!

Back