Kindling weirdness...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneAcreFarm

Reaction score
So, yesterday I put in nest boxes for three does, it was day 28 for all three of them.....two of them dropped their litters not an hour later!! :p :p The third dropped her litter this morning on day 29. She also had them all over the wire and chewed the arm off two of them and I had to dispatch them... :( She is 11mos old and this is her first litter...out of 14 litters, she is the only one to do this. Everyone else, even the young first timers, did it all the right way....except they all delivered on day 32... :shock: :shock: Just weird, I tell you.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

mystang89":11s69p6a said:
What are you planning on doing with the 11mo old that went all cannibal on her kits?

Not sure, it was her first litter and it could be that she just got carried away cleaning them. Also, they were on the wire and it is possible that my cats actually got the legs if they were sticking thru the floor wire. I will see how she does and likely give her another try.

My chocolate doe did the same with her first litter- although she went even further and did them all in. I took a chance and chalked it up to "first time". I bred her again, and she delivered 11 healthy kits and has been a fantastic mom.

Back