I still get nervous around kindling

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skysthelimit

Reaction score
After a couple 100 litters, I still get nervous. New doe, experienced doe, it doesn;t matter.

A new doe, who I forgot to write the date down, built a nest two days ago. Thank G-D I can palpate, I noted that around the 1st, she felt like she was 10 days or so along. Spot on for today or tomorrow. Last night she started pulling fur. I know she's so sick of me, but I keep running out tot he barn to check on her, and bring her things. On my way out there again.

This really never gets old.

Doe two is making a nest, and I'm guessing I will have really Easter bunnies tomorrow.

I'm not usually nervous, but I am excited and check on the pending does incessantly through the day. Thankfully, they seem to be used to me and often kindle while I watch.

I hope you get a colorful "basket" of Easter bunnies! :good-luck:

It will be interesting, because the doe is a black otter from a black and a sable marten, the buck is a REW from a Siamese Sable and a Black Otter. I could get something interesting from this litter, depending on whether the buck is an Otter or a self.

I get nervous...and excited. Heh, I pace and check on the does 100 times/day :)
"How many babies, what color, will everything go alright?" I haven't actually had anything really go wrong with a litter or doe, must just be a nervous type :)

Zass":11kjhvdb said:
I get nervous...and excited. Heh, I pace and check on the does 100 times/day :)

The hubs and I were talking about a new barn, and I told him it had to be close to the house so I could still check on them several times a night when litters are due.

She kindled today, six nice kits, in the nest.

Unfortunately, they all look Otter marked, two are most likely Martens, no color I would keep. But at least she's proven now.

__________ Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:43 pm __________

here they are

The buck is a REW. I was hoping he was a self, to add to my selfs and Shaded, but with no selfs in the litter (dam's mother was a self) he's got one strike against him. I'm planning to sell him and another Otter buck at OSRBA, to get the otters out the door.

Attachments

• adel kits 003.jpg
    adel kits 003.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 176
And I just got another litter from the Rex, Fava2. A bunch of screamers, screamed a half hour straight, so I decided not to take pictures today. They were 6 broken Castor (chestnut), one Castor and a Black.

Latest posts

Back