Need some advice

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I might have to try that if he doesn't want to eat tomorrow.

I gave him his meds which wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. He kept trying to spit it back out and even started to drool but he has to take it or he won't get better. Does anyone have any ideas how to get a cat to take the syringe meds easier? Do I have to put it way back in his throat so he has to swallow it or what?

Pretty much. What I have done is used my fingers to kind of hold his mouth open, using his skin to protect my fingers, putting the syringe towards the back of the tongue. Most if not all the medicine is swallowed and you don't get chewed up fingers.

For cats and dogs after I get something in to their mouth I hold the mouth closed and pointed up. Then stroke the throat till they swallow. For pills it's best to shove it as far back as your fingers can get it without injury but liquid you can often get down them without shoving it that far. You just have to force them to swallow immediately.

Ok thanks. I will try and hope it works <br /><br /> __________ Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:05 pm __________ <br /><br /> Well just wanted to let everyone know that I had to make the horrible decision and put blayze asleep. Woke up at 3 this morning to him grawling and screaming. He couldn't walk anymore and was panting extremely hard. He was definitely in a lot of pain. So took him to the vets as soon as they opened and the vet said it was his heart that was giving him problems. Without the vet saying it I already knew it was blayze's time to go so I let him go even though I really didn't want too. So now his free of all the pain he had and can watch over me. Here is the last pictures I got of my baby. R.I.P. Blayze you will definitely be missed -/-( :weep:

Attachments

• Photo2498.jpg
    Photo2498.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 561
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 561
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 561
Oh, I am so sorry! :cry: Poor kitty!

I am glad he didn't suffer long. Cats tend to go quickly once they get ill, which is a blessing for them but very hard for us as their loving owners because it is so sudden. :(

He was a beautiful boy, and I can see from the pictures how healthy and happy he was up until the end. You obviously gave him a wonderful life. :)

Be sure to post pictures of the next kitty that is lucky enough to join your family when the time comes.

I'm so very sorry. :cry: It was a tough decision for you to make, but sometimes giving a beloved pet that final kindness is all we can do. Blayze was a beautiful cat and I know from the way you speak of him that your many wonderful memories of the time he spent with you will be a comfort. (((HUGS)))

So very sorry for your loss. :cry: It is never easy when one of our beloved animals has to go. I am glad it was quick and you could give him that peace he needed. Cherish your fond memories of him. :encourage:

Thanks everyone. It's just a little harder because my 3 yr old niece loved him dearly and would alway tell me thats her cat not mine. Now she has to deal with another death for being so young. It's just hard when she comes up and tries to comfort you when you should be comforting her. She says his in heaven now with precious and trigger :'(

Oh, no, how horrible for you. :( Blayze may be in a better place, but the empty spot in your heart seems huge.... I lost my first orange/ginger male to something with the heart (this was the only possibility left after the full necropsy) one beautiful Sunday morning in April 2000. At 9:30 he ate breakfast, and at 12:30 he was gone.

So, yes, cats can pass suddenly with no warning or almost no warning. I'm glad for you that you have the pictures of him lying at his ease, apparent King of His Domain. :)

Based on my own experience, he or someone else will send you a kitty when the time is right.

Best wishes, and again all my sympathy. :(

Thanks. I definitely have a huge spot in my heart missing him. It hurts so bad. My other cat kody (Blayze's buddy) is walking around the house crying for him. I just wish I could tell him and he would understand. It breaks my heart so much more. Here is a pic last yr of the 2 on my bed.

Attachments

• my babies.jpg
    my babies.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 154
Back