Well, guess I'm bunny boarding now...Meet Roxie

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutchess

Reaction score
We have been very tight on cage space (my never ending story) and so on craigslist we found an ad with an awesome hutch,an indoor cage, hide house, water bottle, supplies etc. and a 2 1/2 year old broken tort Lionhead doe and went to check it out.

Well, we came home with Gazpacho, newly named Roxie. She has a huge mat near her ears/neck area and 2-inch long nails, but nothing I can't fix or haven't fixed before. She is sweet but hasn't been held much. She did try to nip me but my baby brother (17 mo. old) was screaming 'Bunny' at the top of his lungs and rattling with the cage as I gave her water and changed the t-shirt in the cage while on a strip of grass in a Goodwill parking lot. NOT the best situation with people flocking to see her, noise, cars, terrifying baby, wind, sun, small cage, etc.

The reason we took her is because my friend wanted a rabbit really bad and couldn't afford a $30 rabbit from me nor did she want a large breed. And she LOVES grooming rabbits so I figured Roxie was perfect. She is so cute. She has ear control and is a tad under weight but is going to make a perfect pet. After she bit me I think she was sorry because she snuggled up to me and didn't want to go back to her cage. She just needs love and a bit of TLC.

If my friend can't take her (she probably can) I guess I have an adorable new rabbit!

Roxie is now Poof. My friends came over and saw the rabbit. (They are sisters and live together) They held the rabbit and she just sat there and snuggled up to them. So they named her Poof, and are picking her up possibly tomorrow, otherwise Saturday for sure. Saturday is Lovey's due date. So hopefully I'll get rid of one rabbit and get a whole litter more!

Latest posts

Back