Is she going to kindle soon?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Dutchess

Reaction score
Today is day 18 for Lovey and all she wants to do is run around like someone's chasing her with a blowtorch and dig & poop in the winterbox (a completely wooden 24x24 box with four sides attached to the hutch). She is moving the bedding (aspen shavings, hay, and straw) around some too. Is she nesting? Also I tried to breed her for like four days before I KNOW I got a good breeding, the other breedings I wasn't sure about but... I don't know maybe I DID breed her on one of those four days and insteadof day 18 it's day 22? I just really don't know. Any help at all is appreciated. Oh but she has been off feed for a little while and I read in the ARBA Official Guide To Raising Better Rabbits & Cavies that there is a disease/problem that happens in pregnant does where they go off feed so wouldn't that mean she's pregnant?

She might be nesting, but it doesn't mean she's going to kindle soon. Does can be weird and start nesting behavior any time during their pregnancy.

If she's off feed at day 18 or 22 she could be in a lot of danger. It's way too early to go off feed.
I would try to get her eating again. Make sure her water bottle isn't blocked and perhaps offer some oats and hay. Often they will take oats when they refuse pellets. Oh, and make sure she has nesting material, just in case.

I don't use bottles I use bows for water. I put corn syrup in her water this morning like the ARBA book said. Should I take that out? She won't eat hay or pellets, she likes oats I'll have to try oats. And I'll put extra bedding in there, just in case.

The corn syrup in the bowl of water seems like a fine thing to have.
Some greens or herbs can be used to help stimulate appetite since she's refusing both pellets and hay. (Making the situation even more serious than I'd originally thought)
I've had luck in the past with parsley, dill, cilantro, or fennel, the green leaves from the top of celery, canned mashed pumpkin. I know others can add more. It's critical to get them eating ASAP.

A good indicator of if she's eating enough is the size of her poops.

Latest posts

Back