2014 ARBA Nationals in Fort Worth

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinnfox

Reaction score
I know its a bit early...but anyone decided if they are going? I know I will and I'd post my breeds, but well the best rabbits I have are mutts o.o If some of you are going though meeting any of you would be awesome. :) >.> and to be honest I'd love to see if I can get rabbits from people from the forum. ^.^ figure earlier I find out who's going the sooner I can figure out who to beg to let me buy some rabbits :p

I will be there, and I am really looking forward to meeting any RT'ers that are attending! :bouncy:

I will be bringing Rex and Satins for sure, and possibly Beveren if I still have them at that point.

Random Rabbit":1lsl9gqo said:
Perhaps this could be Pinned

Good idea! I will "Sticky" it. :)

Sounds like perfect time to visit my inlaws. :twisted: Free room 30 minutes away!

I'm planning on attending :) I'm already seeing a lot of hopefuls in upcoming juniors. I don't think I'm going to show more than 3 though LOL I did 3 last year and it's KILLER finding your rabbits if they are all different sex,age,& variety. Word of advice: MAKE A TAG THAT STICKS OUT. (It needs to be able to catch your eye but also literally stick out from the cage lol) I put lime green duct tape and tagged them, but it seemed to be a popular color haha

ilovehome":1xr5mgkh said:
Will be there with English and French Lops, I hope.
O_O french lops...that's a breed I really would love to get o.o

We plan on going, (husband and I and the mutts). We'll be camping at the show site. I'll be showing giant, satin and french angora. Possibly an english or two, but remains to be seen. I might show a tan or two and a satin or two. I will have multiple angoras for sale in every breed. I will also be offering transport. Being that its a 1200 mile drive I gotta pay for fuel and the hired hand somehow! LOL

Just an FYI for those attending, Ft Worth has ordinances for leaving rabbits in vehicles. We attended MR Nationals two weeks ago in Ft Worth so I would suggest purchasing sales coops or keep in your hotels. Sounds like it will be in multiple buildings and kind of spread out, might be a little challenging but I am sure the Texas clubs are prepared!

I have an aunt in Fort Worth, but I think I'll need to visit her before early November. A little bird has been telling me to do so, and November doesn't make the little bird happy.

I'll almost HAVE to fly, though, if I do attend the ARBA show; it's almost the only way I can guarantee that I won't acquire extra animals there! If I were to drive, heaven only knows how many I'd try to cram into the car....then I'd get home and say, "What was I thinking? I have no outdoor space...."

Gotta work on something here.... One of which is finding a new job to afford all of this! (I was laid off 3 March and promptly acquired a leg infection, which confined me to bed/couch most of March and early April.)

RexisBest, you are correct. It is very against the rules to leave a rabbit in the vehicle, and most hotels don't allow them. That is why we are offering on site care. We are camping at the show grounds and will have a trailer outfitted for rabbit housing. For those interested, here is the link with details and prices.

http://www.angorafiber.com/convention-h ... sport.html

I will be going too! LonelyFarmGirl, we will finally get to meet face to face! :D I cannot wait to see all my RabbitTalk friends! I will likely be bringing *something*... :lol: not sure what at this point.

At this point in time, I'd probably have to say we can't make it. A lot would have to change between now and then. They split my husband's territory, and now they're running him even more ragged. :(

I can make the Cajun Classic in Houma, though, Memorial Day weekend. :)

I really want to go. I have two rabbits right now that would be good and hopefully their litters will turn out just as good.

I made my reservations earlier this week, and am so excited about being able to go. I have some weanlings which will be ready to show by then, and several I already have high hopes that they will do well. That is really all anyone could and should ever hope for. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Anyone wanting to attend: it would be wise to make your hotel reservations now versus waiting until later. There is going to be a NASCAR race in the area the same weekend as the convention, and rooms are going fast. Wait until you've filed your entries and there won't be any rooms left, at least none that most normal people would want to stay in. The ones that will be available will be considerable driving distance, and anyone who's ever driven in the DFW area during rush hour traffic knows what an incredible hassle it can be. One of those cities I HATE driving in.

Back