Fawn's Nuresry

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyPocket

Reaction score
Hello readers.

Two days ago I posted a question post about my new pet rabbit's colour and, thanks to lovely memebers of this forum, it seems this baby is most likely fawn, so I ended up calling him/her Fawn, until I figure out it's gender (it seems like girl, but my experience is that 10 days is too young to be 100% positive).

Fawn is still living by her mother, but today was the first day I brought her into my house, and for that occasion prepared a nursery. This is not her cage by any means, she stays here for 10-15 minutes twice a days just to have enought time for me to socialize with her.

It is two plastic storage boxe lids attached to two fridge shelves with an old towel as floor under which I put some cushion foam. The bed is in fact an old kids' rocking chair cushion that i bend and made into a "cave". The size of the playpen is approx 1764 cm2 (272.25 square inches). I repeat, not a cage, just an occasional setup. If you have any idea on improving it, please bring it up. The entire setup is near the furnace (not too near, no worries), so Fawn never gets cold or too hot while on her taming/socializing/getting used to me sessions.

The overview:

Fawn using her bed:

Flooring:

Fawn's cuteness:

The nursery looks very cozy, she's going to be such a well socialized bunny. I love her color she is such a clean bright shade of orange- in my small country you rarely see really nice fawns with color like that.

squidpop":ycmhzz2u said:
The nursery looks very cozy, she's going to be such a well socialized bunny. I love her color she is such a clean bright shade of orange- in my small country you rarely see really nice fawns with color like that.

Irony, my next goal is getting a New Zealand Red. :D I have been looking for a dwarf Orange/Fawn, and never saw one, either dwarf or any other size. So far Fawn is pretty unique, even for breeders I know, that breed for years now.

Latest posts

Back