Board isn't working, I need help

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfsnaps888

Reaction score
Hi. Mostly a lurker but I have posted here before. Did something change because now it won't let me post anywhere?

Anyways, HELP!

Ok so entirely upset right now. PLease help! I don't know what else to do.

A few months ago I lost 4 consecutive litters. Within the first few days, entire litters would die. My dutch rabbit was suffering from wry neck and my guess is E. cuniculi is killing my litters. I moved all my rabbits from the shed they were in to wooden hutches. I have 3 that I am using, a 6 hole, a 2 hole, and a singleton. I put the dutch in the singleton and treated him with Ivermectin. Is he still contagious? I can cull him if I have to.

I raised a litter in the house and the 7 week old babies are now outside in a hole (have been for a couple weeks) with no apparent problems (although my husband said he heard a sneeze yesterday...I checked and saw no signs of snot or anything.)

Fast forward a month or so and I have 3 does with babies. My flemish had her babies on Saturday and when I went to check on them, they were all dead or dying. So now of course I am expecting the other 2 litters to die. I have plans to switch to wire cages in a carport but i don't want to do anything until I figure out what the F*&^*& is going on. I am LIVID right now.

Should I treat all the breeders with Ivermectin? Should I cull everyone and start over? I want to do the right thing. I don't want to give up on rabbit breeding but this is really bringing me down. This is I believe my fifth litter to just up and die on me.

HELP! I would like to NOT have to kill everyone. I like my rabbits and have (IMO) a very interesting menagerie. But I need to be able to breed and if every litter dies, that isn't going to work.

Hi, Wolfsnaps! I moved your post to "Illnesses, Injuries, and Parasites".

I think perhaps your board problems are due to the new setup... There are new forum headings you cannot post to. You have to use the subforums below them.

For example, you cannot post directly to "Housing and Equipment".
You have to select a Subforum: Cages, Hutches and Equipment, Rabbit Colonies, or DIY Projects

Ivermectin is not very effective against E. cuni

Have you done any necropsies to see if the heart, lungs, liver, stomach, intestines and cecum look OK?

Did the does pull enough fur, are they of a good weight? Getting water at all times? It's still cold there so, that may be an issue.

Latest posts

Back