What do you use for your breeding "calendar"?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackelope

Reaction score
I am considering making a rabbit breeding calendar featuring baby rabbits and am wondering what different breeders use? Notebooks, journals, actual calendars? How do you keep track of who has been bred? What information do you list, and in what format?

I just keep a written notebook, and log into it, the date, which rabbit, etc.
Then when they have a litter, how many, and how many make it.
I need to make a index card to put on their feeders for each doe, but I
have not done that yet. I have to get that done soon.
I also work off a calendar I keep in the kitchen.

I use a Milk Calendar, we get several free each year, in the rabbit room for a breeding schedule only.

In the house I have a 3-ring binder with more detailed records of the rabbits such as their pedigree, genotype, production and litter statistics, health log etc..

Most pedigree software which most breeders have a version of have a section to record matings or due dates in some way. I have kintraks which has a specific mating tab that you enter who you've bred, their breed, and a due date or if you have a surprise/colony litter their birth date. Then it can generate pedigree files for all of them and you put names and ear numbers in later. When my kintraks was broken I just typed it in to a notebook file on my computer. I have seen a few breeders who keep both a calender in their rabbitry and put it in to their pedigree software but most I know with more than a couple rabbits has kintraks or evans software instead of calendars.

I do have a software, but I don't take my computer out to the barn, and if I don't record it there, it won't get recorded. There is a breeding board on the barn wall, and I have tags that go on the cages.
post115968.html#p115968

I have sheets I keep out in the barn, and transfer the information to the computer when I come into the house. I use kintraks animal breeder.

In the beginning:
I used to keep a written Rabbit Ledger in a note book,
it became quite tedious and at last I purchased:
My Evans Software Rabbit program. The program is easy to use
and keeps all my records with very little effort.
In fact it's more work to type this message than keeping
the records up to date with Evans Software.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

Right now I use "Notepad" on my PC. Its very simple in that I just enter the doe , her due date and then update with litter info.

At some point I might look into more dedicated software but for now Notepad will do because its free ....

I use Kintraks for the details, but I don't always remember to check it. I used to have cage cards but found them to be a nuisance. SO, I keep the important dates on the calender on my phone since it's always on me. I get a text on the day I need to put a nest box into a specific cage, as well as alerts on due dates and weaning dates.

I need an app for Android that will accept the breeding date and then calculate dates for palpation, nest box, delivery, and weaning, and send me text alerts for each one.

I have mine entered into Kintrax, on my physical calendar, and on my phone. It also helps that I only have 5 rabbits and that the ones due are going to be our first litters. Making me immensely excited! Two are due on the 2nd and one is due on the 15th. Hoping to have something nice for Nationals in Apr.

I use Kintracks and my website, but just so i don't forget I set reminders on my phone and such :)

We have a big dry erase board out in the barn that we write breeding info on.
I also recently started keeping a much more detailed notebook out in the barn.
For a while I used Evans software, but that kind of fell out of practice.......probably because I can't take the computer out in the barn!
(But that's next on the "to do" list......build an office in the rabbitry, complete with a computer, a swivel chair, a coffee maker, and a little tank of fish!) :coffeebath: :aquarium:

At the moment I only have one doe and one buck, but I use excel. I have a laptop so it is fairly easy to tote it around if needed. I have 1 page for bucks, 1 for does, and one for litters.

Composition notebook. Each doe has a page. I right down date they were bred, projected delivery date and then how many babies. The parents information I just keep on my website.

I have a dry erase board in the barn, cage cards, and Evan's Software.

I rely most on the board and cards, since I don't always update the computer when I breed.

I have a binder a everyone's pedi's that I keep breeding records in, and a calendar in my office to use to project dates and such. Recently added a board in the shed to keep track of dates out there so I don't have to run back and forth to check. It's like a dry erase, picked it up at a show, but it has printed columns for sire, dam, date bred, palpitaded, kindled, number kindled, and a weaned column. Pretty handy to have, though you can easily make one yourself out of a dry erase board and a sharpie for like $3 when I paid $10 for this one. (First show, I had to overpay for some kind of equipment that was helpful yet unecessary!)

Back