Recipe-rabbit ears (not animals treats)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a lot of prep work, but if someone else was willin to give it a to I'd certainly eat them.

And I had to laugh when he said there is no other use for rabbit ears. Apparently he's never been into a fly fishing store. They sell whole masks, ears included, for you to snip the fur off and make your own dubbing to tie flies. Another reason DH loves my rabbit habit even more. He gets all the masks, hides, and dubbing for free!

I'm thinking it might have to try it just once.
Maybe as a creepy Halloween treat? The looks on peoples faces might just be worth the prep. :lol:

Actually, they look a bit crispy and I see a bit of meat left on there. It might be tasty.

Perhaps as a nice bunny gift basket offering along with belly jerky, and maybe a jar of canned bunny soup.

OMG! Did you guys bother to read any of the comments?!? :rotfl:

Here is an excerpt from my personal favorite thus far... emphasis in bold is mine:

Rabbits grown for meat are stuffed several at a time in tiny wire cages where they can do nothing other than basically exist in place until slaughtered. To be a young rabbit with boundless energy and desire to play and explore, and be forced to stand on a wire grate all day long, every day of your life, must be like a slow psychological torture. At first the rabbits try to break out of their ridiculously small cages; after a while they lose hope and give up.

:roll: I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have crept out to the bunny barn in the wee hours of the night to confiscate files, chisels, and wire cutters from my would be escapee bunnehs. It's like a scene out of Chicken Run.

:gossip: The rabbits are organizing!

MamaSheepdog":27iptq7v said:
At first the rabbits try to break out of their ridiculously small cages; after a while they lose hope and give up.
I KNOW! :rotfl: I read that one and quite a few others... um... most of the time, the rabbit likes the cage because it feels safe in it. You take the bunny out, and it's trying to get back in... :roll:

MamaSheepdog":27iptq7v said:
The rabbits are organizing!
"It's all in your head." SAY IT! :lol:

I love that movie, especially now that I have chickens.

MamaSheepdog":1799ne0e said:
OMG! Did you guys bother to read any of the comments?!? :rotfl:

Here is an excerpt from my personal favorite thus far... emphasis in bold is mine:

Rabbits grown for meat are stuffed several at a time in tiny wire cages where they can do nothing other than basically exist in place until slaughtered. To be a young rabbit with boundless energy and desire to play and explore, and be forced to stand on a wire grate all day long, every day of your life, must be like a slow psychological torture. At first the rabbits try to break out of their ridiculously small cages; after a while they lose hope and give up.

:roll: I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have crept out to the bunny barn in the wee hours of the night to confiscate files, chisels, and wire cutters from my would be escapee bunnehs. It's like a scene out of Chicken Run.

:gossip: The rabbits are organizing!

That must be why they run back into their hutches whenever they get loose!

Hey I noticed how they never mention how we build them big wooden hutches or large cages and play pens and play yards, and toys, lots of toys, and bring them treats, and talk to them and make friends with them, and are always doing are best to see that they get the healthiest nutrition for rabbits.

Back